Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Gag Me With a Spoonerism

Cierlast

I don't know if you guys like this stuff, but I find it amusing; enjoy.

The following by Richard Lederer

The Reverend William Archibald Spooner entered the earthly stage near London on July 22, 1844, born with a silver spoonerism in his mouth. He set out to be a bird-watcher but ended up instead as a word-botcher. As the legend proclaims, he tended to reverse letters and syllables to produce many tips of the slung. For example, he once supposedly lifted a tankard in honor of Queen Victoria. As he toasted the reigning monarch, he exclaimed,

It makes my brain hurt

n/t

n/t

recognized his name and remembered that his son said his father was an english professor in an interview and had written a book.

When I am traveling out to the cabin, I most always lose the regular radio stations except for WPR (Wisconsin Public Radio).
So for years now it has become a nice addiction and learning experience. It is about a 6 hour drive so about half of it is WPR.
At first I disliked it and thought much of it was 'korny', but with time I actually look forward to the treat. They have a lot of neat programs that test your wit and I enjoy that, along with interesting guests.
I am sure most states have their own public radio broadcasting and you probably know of a few provincial broadcasts that would be comparable.
Better than listening to all the Liberal/Conservative station drivel that passes for intellect today; cripes it makes my ears bleed. I like politics, but that just isn't it. :)
Give a look around and I bet you find some great stuff out your way if you haven't already.

Here is a link to WPR:
http://wpr.org/schedule/DisplaySchedule.cfm?iStationID=15

so she won't get flicks and teas." "Pass the bed and brutter", stupid stuff like that! I can blame everything on old age I guess! :)

Only one radio station we can get..,CBC.. Not the most accurate or the most unbiased of news services. However, some friends just got satellite radio and they are very happy. Look to me to go that route in the very near future.

Sunny skies

M