Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

G2 or F75SE can't decide??

bilyum73

Hi everybody been reading these forums for a couple years, but this is my first post. last year I hunted with a Tessoro silver umax and had a lot of fun actually became addicted to the hobby. This year I would like to try a TID machine for the extra target info, and I have the ok from the wife to pretty much get what ever I want (I'm a little scared she' never said anything like that before ha ha). Anyways I had pretty much decided on the G2, seems like a great machine but now that i have the option I was wondering what would be better between the G2 or the F75 SE. I live in northern Utah and mostly hunt parks and schools right now still learning. I am just looking for advice for a good detector that I can learn and grow with, plan on getting one in the next week or so. Thanks guys any help will be greatly appreciated. Bill

Well, Bill, tough question. What do you like to hunt most? You said parks and schools, which suggests you like to hunt coins, and maybe jewelry?

I think both machines will do you well. However, if I were in your shoes, I think I'd go with the G2. Here's why -- it's VERY simple to use, but VERY stable and VERY powerful/sensitive. Very fast, and will do a great job in EMI and in mineralized soil. Since you live near gold country, it would even do you well in a prospecting application (what it was designed for first and foremost) if you ever wanted to try that. The G2 is generally not quite as deep a detector as the F75 SE would be. However, some folks in the west who have used both will challenge that assertion (right Low-Boy?!) But, what it may give up in depth, it makes up for it in my opinion with OUTSTANDING VDI (digital ID information) -- better than the F75. The G2 is NOT marketed as a pure coin shooter -- but most will agree it does surprisingly well in that application. I think, since you are just starting out, that saving a few bucks, while getting a very simple and fun to use but OUTSTANDING performance all-purpose machine, argues for the G2 (or the Gold Bug Pro DP model -- the DP model comes stock with the large coil and, except for cosmetics, is the same machine as the G2).

Again, though, both are very good machines, and you would probably like either. I really think though that the simplicity, stability, and ease of use would, in your case, argue for the G2 over the 75.

Hope that helps, I'm sure you'll get some more opinions from the guys here (though you may want to post your question on the Fisher F-series forum, also, as you may get other opinions there :) )

I do think the stability and simpicity of use for a newer detectorist would argue for the G2/Gold Bug Pro -- and if you get alternate opinions on the F-series forum, you might ask them about the superior stability and simplicity of the G2/Gold Bug Pro! :)

By the way, I have owned both -- not an F75, but its close cousin the F70 -- as well as the Gold Bug DP.

Take care,

Steve

I can't say enough about the G2/GB Pro. It's not a depth monster like the F75 but it's usable depth is amazing!!! It will pull targets from
Heavy iron and trash better than any machine I have ever used! It's a Very quiet running machine till it finds a target too.
Feel free to call me anytime and I'll answer all your questions I can about them. Give you some great pricing options as well!
Thanks, Bart

Thanks for your replies I really appreciate it. Steve the things that you stated about ease of use and being stable are the main reasonse I have been leaning towards the G2 I really think this is the way I am going to go it seems like a really great machine. Bart I will be calling hopefully next week sometime for a new md and a few other goodies. thanks guys Bill

Get the G2 or Gold Bug Pro (Fisher), both love nickels and gold.

My Gold Bug Pro loves gold and nickels, found two gold rings 2 days running a few weeks back and my nickel ratio has gone through the roof !

Todays clad find at a school field ...... see the 1st pic .... total clad $17.70 !!

And also the two gold rings I found two weeks ago (I've posted these before).

BH landstar that is an awesome amount of clad for one hunt lot of diggin looks to me like these machines like coins, and gold rings great finds. Bill

I've never used the F75 but did own and used the F70. I now use the GB2, what a difference....The GB2 will not go as deep as the F70 but the way it works in iron areas it will run circles around the F70. BTW, I have pulled dimes at 8" with the GB2 and that is not shabby at all, I'll take the GB2 over the F70 anyday, so much easier to use, very, very stable and it hits gold items better than the F70. HH John

I recently talked to a dealer who said this:

His primary machine WAS the F75 Ltd. He damaged the coil and sent it back to the factory and used the T2 SE while it was gone.

His primary machine is now the T2.

He compared the T2 and G2 in an air test (yes, I know, not a definitive test) on a small lead roundball he had found, and the G2 was lacking in depth by 2" or more vs the T2. I know that doesn't necessarily mean much, but it is what it is.............

I've put in about 5 hours so far w/ the G2 and my first impressions is no way does it get the depth that the F75/Ltd/ T2SE gets, at least in the soils that I have tested it in.

At the same time, I do know people in SC who have put their F75s/T2s in the closet for the time being in favor of the G2.

I'm still in the testing process w/ mine. I used it today, didn't find anything good, but did get some impressive depth on some foil targets that were down around the 9" mark.

On a bad note, I took it yesterday to a test garden where a buddy of mine had a US belt plate buried about 14" deep. After I ground balanced and set the machine up, I noticed that there was a LOT of EMI in the area, and duly noted the possible detrimental effects of such.

The G2 would NOT hit the plate in Disc. set at 40. Not even low grunts. It DID hit in all metal, but I would have at least expected it to hit on a brass target of that size at that depth.

Sorry to be so negative, but as I said, the jury is still out for me.

I appreciate all feed back both positive and negative, I have never had the opportunity to spend this much on a detector before so I am just doing as much research as possible. All the experience found on these forums from you guys is priceless. thanks bill

Greg, while relic hunting try all metal mode only and use the speed dial to show you the target. Worked for me for deep stuff !!!

Yeah I am not impressed on the depth of the 5" coil.It is amazing in iron-truly a wizard.If your hunting in iron infested sites its great.If your looking for deep silver coins in a regular park or school site I think this is not the machine.If your looking for small gold rings in a park or gold chains this machine is very sensative to those kinda targets.Allmost 2 much.Prepare to dig alot of foil-pulltabs and rings at good depth.

I will also say if your in a area with a lot of bottle caps be prepared to dig them.Some you can tell by the choppy signals and differant signals form differant angles.
A unit with a concentric coil will do much better than a unit with a DD but then a DD coil works better in high minreal areas.It really depends on conditions ect.
One thing I hope for is a 8" concentric coil and or a 10" concentric coil.I also hope the excelerator coil line makes some coils for the g2/goldbug.

For gold prospecting this machine is great.It is very sensative and has great depth on gold.It is also very sensative in the disc mode-plus iron seperation amazing.I know how much iron junk is in mining area's.It was designed for nuggets and will work good for relics in bad soil-good depth in these enviroments.

Your not wasting any money buying any of these machines.I know I will be buying a differant machine for silver coins and park hunting.
I sold of all but 2 of my machines now and am building up a differant aresonal of detectors.
I love gold nugget hunting and this is my primary use of a detector.That is why i bought the goldbugpro-plus i can still general hunt with it until i get a differant machine for that.
So i guess just ask yourself what you do the most and buy a machine for that.Use it alot and buy another with the profit.

Chris.

I have to agree with rockpup in trashy areas digging junk is going to happen !! and agree a concentric coil would be great in junk areas, ( bottle tops, ring pulls, can slaw.....) i have turned the sense right down to try cut out junk and upped the disc! but that cuts out gold. haven't tried it in the gold fields yet but am sure it will do well there because it cuts out iron excellent.

i will add it loves round things as you can see from BH_Landstar's post. used on the dry sand beach its great on coins jewelery.

supper fast recovery and sensitive to very small items the more i use this machine the more i believe it is as it name suggests a gold bug pro.

i have been looking at other machines for junky parks! everywhere else this machine excels !!

Sounds good Billy! Youor anyone else can can call me anytime! Even just to shoot the breeze. I love to help people with all my useless knowledge!! Lol

amberjack said:
I have to agree with rockpup in trashy areas digging junk is going to happen !! and agree a concentric coil would be great in junk areas, ( bottle tops, ring pulls, can slaw.....) i have turned the sense right down to try cut out junk and upped the disc! but that cuts out gold. haven't tried it in the gold fields yet but am sure it will do well there because it cuts out iron excellent.

i will add it loves round things as you can see from BH_Landstar's post. used on the dry sand beach its great on coins jewelery.

supper fast recovery and sensitive to very small items the more i use this machine the more i believe it is as it name suggests a gold bug pro.

i have been looking at other machines for junky parks! everywhere else this machine excels !!

Try this ,you will have to test the gold rings at the local store. But here in an air test gold rings in high from 48 and up, Also listen close you can hear the tin foil whines a little at the ends.

I think the key variables come down to the F75 SE's ability to raise up over plants and rocks and not lose depth. The G2 represents the absolute newest technology and ... well it costs about half the going rate of an F75 SE/LTD. I think I'd go with the G2 on that basis, but I sure am tempted by the added usability of the F75 boost process allowing the coil to soar over potential barriers. Maybe I need Bart to make me a deal I can't refuse? How about a twofer? If only my taxes were not due, the visa bill is huge, no pay checks are coming in and and and... at least the dog still loves me. :clap:

Thanks, Bart! As soon as I fill my G2 fund I'll give you a hollar and we can be BFFs!
Tom

The GoldBug is an awesome relic hunter (and assuming prospector) but if you have the option to get the F75SE (with boost not the old one) you should get it. The F75SE/ LTD can do "more" in different grounds and situations than the GB/ G2 can. The GB/ G2 are more of a specialized "raw" "fast"machine that can see through iron but being so sensitive has it's draw backs (u still dig a lot of iron and hotrocks/ coke responds sometimes also). The T2 SE isn't a bad option either. One thing to keep in mind is if you do get an F75 SE now and decide to get a GB/ G2 later the same coils will work on both series. The T2 coils only work on the T2. Hope this helps.