Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

funny find -- while testing out new detector quickdraw II

ivansalis

well got my new bounty hunter quick draw II detector today from kellyco --- put it together and went out back to test it out--put a penny down and waved the machine over it--the thing went nuts --good strong signal but it showed an 8" depth- doing it several times got the same reading each time-I'm thinking what the @#$ is wrong with this thing? well I picked up the penny and checked again--still a 8" depth reading so off to digging I go --BINGO--at about 6-8 in there it was a long brass water nozzle at first having detected lots in the past I thought a ok but not great find. well I took it inside and cleaned it up itand guess what it still works!!! it will need a new rubber seal where the hose and nozzle goes together but other than that good as new--showed it to my wife --she got the house in 1986 and only uses the "gun" type sprayers-- because the fire nozzle type hurt her hands she says --so its been in the ground 20+ years from the last owner--they still sell these at the local hardware store --new they cost about $6.00** so in a way I found six bucks maybe not such a bad after all--think about it ---wouldn't you be happy if you found six bucks in clad with your first swing with a new detector?--good omen I guess..Ivan