Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

funny find --using my new quickdraw II -

ivansalis

having detected in the past i know that its important to know your machines sounds and such --so when I got my new quickdraw II today I took it out back to play with it--chucked a penny down turn the machine on and waved over it---the machine went nuts --good strong sound but was reading 6-8" deep on the meter--I thought what the hey? after several waves with the same results-- I took the peny up and waved again --- aha still a strong signel at 6-8"--so off to digging I go--at 6-8 in there it was ---a long brass type water nozzle--I though an ok but not great find--took it inside and cleaned it up and guess what it still works perfectly!!!--it could use a new rubber seal where the hose screws into the nozzle but other than that good as new---talked to the wife shes says she doesn't like the fire hose nozzle type and only uses the pistol grip type--since she bought the house in 1986 the nozzle had to be in the ground 20+ years-(it has a nice tone to now)--they sell these new at the hardware store for about $6.00 or so---I guess in a way I found $6 bucks on my first swing with my new machine--- maybe not such a bad fine after all--heck if you found $6 worth of clad with your first swing of a new machine you would be happy wouldn't you?

I found an old brass one like my grandparents had. I thought it would be nice to use one for old time sake and too save a few bucks :yikes: well my wife got squirted in the face one too many times by the old thing and figured I'd never hear the end of it so gave her what she wanted... a pistol grip one. :)

"There are some that appreciate the old stuff and some that just don't"
brandon 2007

but now what do I do with my good $6 nozzle --maybe a door prize at the next monthly MD 'er club-- that will work--since the wife doesn't like the fire hose type nozzle--