Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Frustration is....

AllenOK

I don't get the opportunity to get out much and hunt right now. The little ones aren't in school yet, and my other half just started working days, while I work nights.

That said, the opportunity presented itself last Sunday morning. I pulled one of my "usuals", and "forgot" to mention to my other half that I had to be at work at 2 pm on Sunday, instead of my usual 12-noon. I had even managed to pack all my detecting gear into the van.

The time to leave came and I skee-daddled. I drove to a nearby school that I had searched 6 years ago, with good results. Over $100.00 in clad, lots of Wheat's, a couple silver coins, even some tax tokens. The schoolyard is huge, over an acre.

I had high hopes of pulling some more deep, older goodies mixed in with some trash in one area with my "hockey puck" coil. I arrived at the spot, and got out. Put on my gear, gloves, headphones, and grabbed my CZ. Something told me to look at the knobs. Wouldn't you know it? The volume (and Power) switch was set at 4! It had been on for weeks, most likely, since one of my kids grabbed it out of the garage and tried searching the yard. Dangit! I left the spare batt's at home!

Frustration is having 2 hours of detecting time shot down by a lack of batt's. Of course, I'm broke until payday, this Friday, so I can't go buy a cheap set of batt's. I've got over a dozen spare batt's at home, but of course, I snuck out, so the wife will be highly irrate if I come back to get some batt's.

Ok, fine, lets make the best of the situation. I want to scout around a bit, as it's been six years since I've lived in this town, and things ought to have changed a bit. I went to take a look at what I believe was the original football field for the High School, but is now just some soccer fields for the kiddies. They usually keep it fenced and gated. I get there, and drive around the block. It's still fenced. The original goal-posts are gone, but the original score-board is still there, as are the kiddie soccer goals. As I'm driving around the field, I notice the freak GATE IS GONE! It's open! And, and of course, I don't have live batteries in my detector. Talk about salt in the wound!

I drove around a little more, and drove by a baseball park, where I found a few Wheat's, a silver Roosie, and a lawn-mower eaten 14K gold ring. Well, now there's about 20 new houses sitting on it.

Well, maybe next weekend. Who knows, maybe I'll start searching the yard this afternoon when she gets home.

HH from Allen in OK

I been married for 50yr.and know what to do.I see you need to get that woman in a heatlock and rap her a few time's to get her attention.Sit her down and "TELL" her how the boss is.Tell her when you want to go M/Ding she is to stay home with the kids and cook and clean house and wait for your man to come home.Now thats the way we got our marriage,I showed that woman who the boss was right off the bat.Ya'll be careful now.

Ya'll have fun now

She only cooks when I'm not here. If I'm home, I'm doing the cooking. Maybe it has something to do with "that's what I do for a living" or something???

HH from Allen in OK

I Have To Do All The Cooking Here Since I Am Batching It---This Morning I Had A Rib Steak And Three Scrambled Eggs