Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Frustrating day

daxdog

What a day. It could not be better weather here. My new sniper coil arrived via UPS. All is well with the world.

I decided to check out a large park in a well-to-do area and see what damage I could do with the new coil. I hunted primarily in a tot lot for an hour and got one lousy penny. I went slow and overlapped every swing. It took a long time just to make a single pass across the playground.

On a positive note, I found a second penny in the parking lot on the way out. I may go back to that park in the morning with a larger coil and see if the area is just dried up or I can't use the new coil.

Next time take advantage of that coil to get close to the playground equipment. Turn your sense down to about 2-4 and work right in around the play pieces.
The wide open spaces are better left to the larger coils.

This is what I think. I can't know for sure but when I do go back I will see with a larger coil.

Since today is my wedding anniversary, I decided that getting up early and sneaking out of the house to go detecting was not prudent. Maybe I can give it a shot tomorrow.