Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Frozen New England...

Ron J

Cruising around in the Winter, with snow and ice , is a favorite time for me. At least when i am done plowing..... Some area's are desolate, but so clean looking, and refreshing.. I specially like the frozen rivers, and surroundings. This is the Merrimac River in Haverhill / West Newbury area.As you can see, its multiple spans. Looks a little different from my boat trip under this same bridge, last summer..[attachment 116656 DSC07169.jpg][attachment 116657 DSC07175.jpg][attachment 116658 DSC07176.jpg][attachment 116659 DSC07177.jpg] This old Firehouse is just to the left, before going on the bridge..used to be an old handpumper in there.[attachment 116661 DSC07167.jpg]All the snow is the river, frozen, not a field...[attachment 116662 DSC07174.jpg] Rj

I lease you guys seem ice free. Not the case in this area. Just far enough off the coast to keep it frozen. All we have gotten in the last month, is still here only the little rain that came in, just made it that much more solid. Sure hope the one predicted for Monday night and Tuesday goes out to sea or passes west of us. I'd rather more snow than ice.... No traction. Your going to wear all those cars out just moving them around for snow removal....LOL...

What was in that red build in the second set of shots? Looked like a church, then maybe a school, but the big door indicates otherwise...

We are headed out tonight to Mohegan Sun to see Dancing with the Stars. Nice evening out and no snow or ice falling to stop us.....

Stay warm.

George-CT

scattered on the screen after I jumped the screen size up. Those hand pumpers are pretty neat. A friend of ours has a place up in Maine on a lake. There is a similiar garage there only a lot smaller. He said, hey you want to see our fire department gear. Sure, he opend the door up and there was the old time hand pumper. It was a in great shape and they would winterize it for winter. Not sure how they would get it around in the winter as this is way far north in Andover/Mexico, Maine. About the only way in come winter is snowmobile. Used to deer hunt there years ago. Fun lake to water ski on in summer but cold. Close by there is the Swift River and the locals used to pan for gold there and get the little flakes. I see yesterday gold was at $927 and oz.... Good incentive to find some....

Geo

n/t

Is that a cantilevered bridge? Sure has that look about it.

Calm seas

Mikie

of Arkansas, but the Northern part got all the ice that was predicted for us, and there are thousands of people still out of electricity! I like snow,.......but not as much as a bunch of you guys get! Thanks for sharing the pices. The river is pretty all iced up.:)