Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Frozen ground.

Nox63

I finally got a little time since the snow is melting and I tried detecting some bare spots in my yard. The ground is froze so digging in some parts was not possible other parts I could break through the frozen ground. I wanted to see how the nox 600 would do under these conditions. I have heavily hunted this part of my yard already. So in about 20 minutes I had a wheat a Memorial , 2 rivets and a nice 14k diamond ring. My very first gold ring and it was in my back yard! Park 2 recovery 3 and sensitivity I turned down from max which is what I used to always run but now I’m trying it down lower as I have read may work better. The ring was a solid 6.

Very nice find. Some of the most successful hunters know the trade offs. Some wont chase tiny targets, run extreme sensitivity because of the material it has to process..... which can lead to better shallow finds, some do patterns, on a beach some run N to S other days E to W,...... and some use different detectors for certain conditions. If you have pounded a certain area..... change might just be the ticket...... to finding that kind of ticket.

Nice ring! Belong to anyone in your family? I use park 2 90% of the time and beach modes I hunt very differently than most pays off for me like Dew says change is good In hunt patterns and settings!

It doesn’t belong to anyone in my family. I Grew up in this house. I have found so much stuff in this yard. I dig a lot. I’m actually trying to get all the good signals out. I have at least 2 5gal buckets of scrap iron and junk. I hunted it in field 2 most of last year. This to me is the best detector I have had. I definitely found the most with it.

What a beauty.I found my oldest coin a 1832 half dime in our yard. our house was built in 1953 go figure, And I found it with an ace 250. HH