Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

From An Itch To A Fever

MONKOO8

Hey Everyone,

Hope things is aight as can be in your neck of the world. It seems that the climate is extreme everywhere at the moment so ill keep this part brief. It's HOT here.

A few weeks ago i finally made it out for the first time this year. The itch. After a few hunts the 2500 helped find a 64 rosie, a little lotion for my rash. This past weekend found myself still itchin' then scratchin' at that dirt.

Saturday was detecting a small lot which had lots of aluminum on top and some other old house debris in the soil. With patience an of course some luck was able to salvage a 24' merc from the mess.O sweet calamine er..i mean silver. A lot of the coins found were with pieces of aluminum above or some other metal trash next to or in the same hole.

[attachment 205621 003.JPG] [attachment 205622 010.JPG]

Its seems that this calamine that ive located is not the usual stuff, for as sure as it cooled the itch I've now had an adverse reaction. The Fever. In a state of delerium, places and loot like snapshots plague my dreams.
I don't think i have the plague yet....but....i had to get out again Sunday morning.
Gained permission to detect a fairly large private area almost by accident. To my disbelief the caretaker saw me across the street at a different lot and told me that i was welcome there. WOW how cool! There are some nice friendly to detectorists' folks still out there. Fever raging fifteen minutes later out pops the first Bayer er...merc....at this point i thought they would start jumping out of the dirt that surely i'd be cured. It took about two and a half hours to locate the second. Cured?

[attachment 205624 005.JPG] [attachment 205623 021.JPG]
Nope. With the calmine and asprins my illness has yet to dissipate. There is a ceaseless itch and a fever that does not want to go away. Actually it feels like the symptoms are getting worse. Do I have the plague?

Enjoy the pics and Happy Hunting!

I have heard of your problem before and though I am not quite sure what it is if I was to go with you some time to see where your hunting I might be able to help find you a cure. It might take two or three locations to pin point the problem Just let me know if you need my help.

As Rich55 stated! you probably need professional help! a second opinion may be what you need:crazy: I along with all the other Detectorists(Doctors) on this forum would be glad to offer their help! I would need to see the areas(purely professional,of course!) to make sure that your illness is not contagious. Lol....HH...C-Dog

It's not the plague but is contageous.

Be very cautious when digging silver. Although memorial pennies and clad may relieve the symptoms. The silver ,gold,, and old coppers are very addictive. It is a growing epidemic across the country and many newbies have become addicted ,for life, from a single dose of gold!!

Some of the symptoms are: "shaking uncontrolled",,," Standing by door with headphones on ,and holding a digger", "loss of job", "lurking Garrett forums","make car payment with crusty coins" and a sure sign is if "you own more than five machines".

Seek professional help if : "your wife has 2 rings on each finger and working on toes"

Although there is NO know cure. If you call Garrett they may tell your story. (in search of help,,of course)

I appreciate all of the advice and concern for my being.
You all are here to help. I know. :stretcher:
However, In this most recent mercurial stupor i have come to but one conclusion.
"This is the only time i've ever truly liked being sick." :razz:
A professional might say otherwise.
Then again who has money for a professional opinion (i'm scratchin' in the dirt for pennies) and what do most of these quacks know anyway?
Meanwhile i will self medicate with some swinging and dinging and as an additional treatment
think of this website as a form of therapy where similarly ill folks can get together, share, manage and possibly even thrive with this illness.

Thanks again and HH

That's a horrible disease. You have my pitty. There is no known cure. perhaps an extra dose of vitamin D might help. (Only gotten from sunlight.) Some modest weights on an arm that you can swap around might help too.
Be thankful you don't suffer from gold fever. That is known to cause genuine depression when the capacity to chase is taken away! (Otherwise known as Yellow fever!)
The good news is that after many years, symptoms can moderate if you don't vary what you do, so what ever you do DON'T vary what you suffer from! that way there may be some hope for you. I must be getting better as I now only own 3 detectors and am resisting the urge to buy the AT Pro and Whites V3i. I did have 6 detectors but that was causing fever due to the need to choose which detector to use on a given hunt.
I see that you have found lots of tablets. I'm afraid that they are only dummies and don't help much with controlling symptoms. Sometimes they just make it worse, but you already know that.
Too bad that you are really sick. I'd normally wish you well, but somehow, i think that you are really a masochist.:devil:
I feel your pain.
Mick Evans.

At least you can scratch your itch and those are some good finds. Thanks for sharing. If finding coins like that doesn't give you a fever for more, check your pulse. Posts like these from those who are able to get out and metal detect keep the fires burning in those who can't get out much. HH