Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Friday Discussion: Christ: In Love With or Simply Love???

4EverHis102399

Lisa has posted some really great discussions in the past, so I thought I would post a new topic. We have had a lot of activity lately and even thought we don't always agree, we have discussed things openly and maturely (usually). Someone ask me a question today and I immediately thought of posting so here goes....

Are you "In-love" with the Lord or do you simply "love" him? We are all familiar with the emotions and connotations of being in-love...so I don't feel the need to post a definition. My friend and I had a pretty good discussion--not heated, but interesting. I have a definite opinion on this subject, but I am going to wait and post. I will say, that my answer today is probably different than it would have been years ago (or even a month ago). Wishing everyone a Blessed weekend!!!

I had written a beautiful letter, from the heart, but when I went to post it ... Everything disappeared. This has happened to me before and NO it's not my computer! I'm so frustrated I could just scream right now.

It would take considerable thought to re-write it the same way, so I'll simply share this, which I feel is appropriate.

As the bride of Christ, we are to make ourselves

Wow! I had forgotten about how I used to post discussions on here. Some of them went very well and some of them didn't go well at all. Some of them received lots of replies and some did not.

I think you have asked an awesome question, Liz! Some of you know my testimony of what a wretch I used to be (way back in the day). Drugs, alcohol and quite a checkered past. I was saved as a teenager but quickly drifted back into the old sinful ways. When I finally came back to the Lord a few years later, I spent a lot of time digging and studying His Word and trying to learn all I could about Him. At that time I loved and appreciated Him for what He had done for me (and my family). Through the years, my love for Him grew deeper and deeper, but the past few years I find myself actually falling more and more "IN love" with Him. I know and love the Lord now in a way I've never known or loved Him before. I actually feel that I am "IN love" with Him now and continue to develop a close friendship with Him as my love grows deeper.

Lisa

for He is the Bridegroom and I am His Bride or will be at the marriage supper of the Lamb! It told my daughter, Tami, this and it took her quite a while to understand this but she is a Christian now and hopefully she does! Amen! :angel: Ma

Liz, Please post what you were waiting to post. I'm very interested in what you have to say.

Lisa

Martin I have a suggestion for you. It doesn't answer WHY this is happening to you but it would probably be a SOLUTION. When you type a post, before you try and post it, highlight it, copy and paste it
to notebook or some other word processor program. Then when you have an extra copy try posting it. If the post doesn't work then at least you will still have what you have written and can copy and paste it again here. I know how totally frustrating it is to put time and thought into something to only have it disappear.

Or you could type it the first time on notepad then paste it here. Either way, you'd have your copy to try and post again.

Hope this helps as I would have no idea why it is disappearing.

Good idea Liz. Thank you for your suggestion. There have been many times I have done exactly that and it gives one piece of mind. For whatever reason, I didn't do that on this particular occasion. No doubt the 'under-world' had a hand in this, as he simply hates it when we willing express our faith. He'll stop at nothing to frustrate our relationship with God. The bottom line is in how we respond to that frustration. At that point, I am driven to God, in prayer, and to His Word; and especially Psalm 91.

And for that I apologize. Part of me wanted to wait and see if we had any differing replies and I'm surprised to see that we don't....I have to say I think that is a very good thing ;) In my first post, I had mentioned that a friend and I had an interesting discussion; that would lead y'all to believe that we have differing opinions. My friend felt that being "in-love" is a term to be used in a passionate (sexual) relationship. She felt applying this to a relationship with CHRIST was immoral and disrespectful. While I understand where she comes from, I didn't share her opinion. Before becoming a Christian, I would have felt the same way. Passion in my mind involved sex (sorry if I'm offending anyone). My one true love affair was with my husband and I couldn't imagine being In-love with anyone else or loving anyone else more. It saddens me to think that my way of thinking has only recently changed, but I can honestly say I am IN LOVE! My friend still was on the fence...she just couldn't understand, so I gave her an analogy.

When I was a little girl, whenever I was sick or overwhelmed, I longed for the comfort and protection of my momma...she just made everything better. After being married for a year or so, I found that Travis was slowly replacing my need for my mother. I could count on him to take care of me when I was sick, could call on him for anything, etc. Now, when I am distressed or down, my number one is the Lord. I go to him in prayer, fast or read the bible. Studying his word is refreshing and prayer is so peaceful. Just this morning I got up at 4 (couldn't sleep) and started praying. The next thing I knew, it was 4:45 and I had just stopped praying....how amazing. God heard EVERY word, understood every need....he never zoned out on me or considered me foolish. I can know say, that I see Jesus for what he is....a hero, a role model, an object of affection (not lust as my friend misunderstood), and most importantly, a SAVIOR.

1John 4:19. We love because he first loved us. Doesn't that just say it all? He knew all that we would and wouldn't be; the times we would fail miserably and he still created us and wants us to live abundantly. Wow!

I realize that men and women are different and because we were created differently, we see things differently. I had hoped that more of you fellas would chime in, but that's okay, too. As I was thinking about this topic, I expected some men to argue against my belief as society ingrains the need to be macho. Women are expected to be loving, emotional, etc. This actually makes me laugh because that is not me in the least. Back in the day, I was the girl that hung around the farm boys, worked in tobacco, loved fast cars, etc. It pains me to say it, but I couldn't care less about having a relationship in high school....I really only cared about the physical aspect. As I look back now, I can really see the amazing transformation in my life. So....IN LOVE, yep, that's me!

One of my elderly mentors taught me long ago to be quick to listen and slow to speak. So I figured I would read all of the replies before posting. What the Lord did for me ( Died on the Cross for my sins ) This is the ultimate sacrifice. That being said He is my best friend, I am in love with the Lord and Love Him with all my heart. I am not ashamed of Him. Approved workmen are not ashamed. He is first in my life as he should be in every Christians life. Abba means daddy! and I love my heavenly father! :thumbup: