Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

frequency question

findit

what is a better frequency for silver and gold is it the higher or
lower frequency? Silver is high conductivity, but lower frequency i heard is better for coins:confused:. So what is better for jewelry?
I thought high frequency=low conductivity. Low frequency=high conductivity:confused:. And what is better for coins being they are made
up of high conductive metals mostly copper, silver

Hi, The higher frequencies are better for gold. 15k works for solid larger pieces (coins, rings, etc...), while the nuggets are around 50k. the 3k frequency is better for copper and silver. But remember they will pick up all of those metals in any frequency. Just under tricky conditions you may find more with the best suited frequency of the metal that you are looking for. Hope this helps. I started out with the 3KHZ and now use the 15KHZ because I hunt pewter and found out the mineralization in our ground is lower than I thought. George

Hi,

With the newer detectors coming out I believe frequency is becoming less important. Until I tried the T2 I was never happy with the performance of other detectors in its op range on deeper high conductive coins in iron/trash. After using the T2 for a while my opinion has definitely changed.

Tom

Hey Tom, What's the T2? I hunt with the DFX. And where abouts are you located? I'm in Western Mass. Thanks - George

To add to what coinnut has said you must also consider the size of target.
Large U.S. silver coins can be picked up deeper with a lower frequency but if you were going for small/thin then a higher frequency is better.

HI coinnut

You can read all about the T2 on Findmall
T2 Forum

Its the first of the 12+ Khz detectors I have personally used that is just as hot on deep silver and coins in trash/iron as the lower frequency coin machines. Targets large or small, low conductive or high it gets the job done better than others in its operating range by far.. Just my humble opinion.

I have used a lot of detectors and the T2 is the first one that actually made rehunting old sites fun. Sure most any machine/coil combinatioin with find stuff others miss but, the amount and wide variety of finds I made with the T2 showed me that it is one Kick Azz detector.

Tom