Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Freds raccoon story reminded me...and the joke was on me this time

Kieth-Tx

One day..I believe I was a freshman at the time, me and a buddy were goofing off. Well he says, lets go over to the Deckers house. I had never been to their house as it was on the other side of town, but I was anxious because he had a pretty sister. The only problem to this story was that I was being set-up for a practical joke. We took off to their house and the whole clan was there. Things were going pretty well, with me just catching glimpses of his sister. We were over there awhile when the urge hit me and I asked, where was the bathroom? Well, this what they were all waiting for as I was told it was at the end of a long hallway. I start walking down the hall and go in and do my business. I open the door, made it two steps, look ahead, if I hadn't just peed I would have wet my pants for there in the middle of the hall was a full grown skunk. I jumped back into the bathroom...and I sure wasn't about to holler and spook that skunk so I raise the bathroom window, and there are my buddys laughing their butts off. Seems this was the standard joke at their house for "new" visitors!!! He was de-scented and very tame...I was to find out afterward. Ha....ha :lol:

completely get the smell out, especially when they get wet.
The last one I had was not descented and it was no problem as long as you did not threaten it. It caught my brothers Doberman in the mouth and it jumped into my brothers brand new van.

That stuff just has to taste bad!!:super:

I hear tell that they can always get the rabies or something like that. Royal, are you saying that the smell will never completely go away, even if they are fixed? How long did you have your pet skunks? Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

the just have a slight funky odor. Not really bad but it is there.

My first skunk, Spunky, was given to me when I was about 13 and I had it for a year. I finally traded it to a buddy form something. I can not rememeber what. I got tired of cleaning up after the sucker.

The second was Sam and I had kids when I got that guy. I think I wrote a story about it a few years back. A neighbor called me over and told me that she heard I was an animal guy. I didn't know her. She pointed to a cardboard box and when I looked in there was a baby skunk about the size of my fist. Cute little guy and pretty scared. It seems the mother had been hit by a car and a dog was after Sam. This lady rescued him and had no clue what to do with it.

I took him home and put him in a cage, an old rabbit cage. I was geltil with him and he responded well. My wife wanted me to have it descented but I figured I was not gonna keep it, I wanted to free it eventually so it would need its defence.

It grew up fast and was my friend. I would work in the garden and he woud help me, catching grubs and such. It woudl gross me out when the sucker would catch a salamander and eat its head alive. Now I didn't like that a bit.

He would chase me and start hammering the ground with its front feet, then he would swing his arse around and pretend he was gonna squirt me. I would haul ass out of there and swear the little sucker was laughing at me.

Maybe I will tell more about Sam later. I am pretty tired right now.

kept it for many years. It was tame as a kitten, but sure surprises people if they were not aware of it! :lol:

n/t

n/t

n/t