Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fred, while at the OCC chopper display today, I came across

George-CT

this nice little bar and eatery in side the Ford garage there. I go by there a lot but have not been in there in years. This bar was real neat and had a lot of different items in it. Though you might get a kick out of some of them. The last picture is a Mustang my buddy Gene likes, thats him next to it. I had to almost rope him to get him to leave. He has 5 horse also, 3 of them driving horses and lives just down the road from me.

It was hot here today, 92 degrees. First hot one of the year. Same for next 2 days.

Geo

Orange County Choppers they had. Pictures were not the best with the light and most were in under a tent. But you will get the idea.

The first one is my favorite.....all custom build.....

Shot #2 is a close up of the engine work.....

#3 is me looking at there regular custom bike for $32k......

#4, just a nice custom built do a guys drawing....

#5 is another one....

#6 is some of the custom work they do up close. this one is called the Black Widow so everything on it has spider webs....Really a beautiful ride to take to shows.

Is that a 1938 Ford in that one picture? That looks like a neat bar and eatery inside that garage. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

springs? I do not know how these folks can make original custom bikes...my brain just lacks the imagination to custom make one. You do not see many bikes like that around here in South Texas. Once in a while, you will see a chopper bike down here, but nothing like the ones in your pictures. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

n/t

that they built that would be dangerous to ride, Show bikes I guess. I forget what one it was but the forks were out so far they admitted it would be dangerous to ride. Fine craftsmanship though. The old man is an ass in my view though

Most of these have no rear suspension, so the see makes up for that. some of these do, If you look close the smaller ones they have incorporated small shocks. They kill your back with out something. I've ridden enough of them and they are find in the city or local town, going stop light to stop light jerking around, but serious long haul, not my cup of tea for sure. They are fun to ride. Usually loud. Here on a Sunday they run bar room to bar room for BBQ or poker runs. Like you said, it takes alot of imagination to do one up. These, the welds and stuff on them were perfect. Here is a shot of the black widows front tire and my buddy John next to it. He is another club member and has a nice chopper of his own.

If you go to this link, you can see the entire Black Widow and how much work they do on it..... Geo

At the least he is gonna have to work to catch me. I'm like Fred, easily bored. I'm betting six feet in the ground isn't gonna be near as much fun as on top of it so I got to cram all the living into this time around just in case. You and I think alike in that we both would rather say I wish I didn't do this or that, then dam, I wish I had done that. You are no slouch in the finding neat stuff to do and try either. If I go doing something I enjoy, there will be a smile on my face.

Geo-CT

and to far out there. Ok in straight line but corners will get you in trouble. More for show and tell then real riding. Heck some at the club guys keep them in their dens or living room. Most are garage queens and never see pavement. Nice, but I like to ride them.

As for the old man there, as you can see, no pictures of him. To much of an attitude problem for my taste. As far as I'm concerned, Pauly Jr is the business. The old man is old school and no longer on top of his game in my opinion. They are making some serious $$$$$$$$$$$ for sure but its the son with all the new creative talent.

Geo

If you are considering building a custom bike, you'll need to determine whether to select a hard tail frame (also called a rigid frame), or a swing arm frame. Deciding on a frame is not to be taken lightly because there are some significant differences in the frame styles.

The hard tail frame is a single piece frame. The rear motorcycle wheel assembly attaches directly to the frame, as opposed to a soft tail frame which is made of two pieces of tubing connected at a pivot joint. That is the source of the nomenclature; the frame really does have a hard tail. The result is that there is no rear suspension to give that 'floating' feel to the ride.

Initially, all motorcycles were hard tails. The bent tubing frames allowed the rear hub to be attached through the one piece frame. That is still the way hard tails are put together today.

The Harley-Davidson Duo-Glide, released in 1958, gave riders the first option of purchasing a bike with rear suspension. Purists, however, still love the ride and feel of the hard tail frame.

Jesse James custom bike builder and owner of West Coast Chopper, in a recent documentary about the history or motorcycles, stated that he loves the hard tail ride because it allows the rider to truly become part of the road. There is no 'bounce' and the road vibrations are not absorbed by shocks, providing a hardcore sensation unlike the swing arm motorcycle frames.

Hard tail frames provide a somewhat rougher ride; people that experience back pain during long rides almost always avoid this frame style. Kidney-jarring jolts can result from hitting bumps. Yet in this modern day, most roads are relatively smooth.

Some people simply love the ride provided by the rigid hard tail frame. Others really hate the differences in ride. The bottom line is that you want to select the right frame for your motorcycle based on your personal needs, expectations, and planned use.

If you want a cross-country touring cycle, a hard tail may not the right choice be for you. If you want to build the ultimate custom show chopper, this frame style could be perfect for you. If you are young, have lots of stamina, are in great physical condition and don't mind a bit of kidney jolting, the hard frame is a viable option. However, if you want to ride from New York to California when you retire, most likely you'll be much happier riding a soft tail.

The choice of hard tail frame or soft tail frame is entirely a personal choice. Just remember, it takes a lot of work to change frames, so think through exactly what you expect from your motorcycle before making a decision about whether a hard tail frame is the best solution for your custom motorcycle.

hair

n/t