Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fred wanted me to post this story as one post and here it is:thumbup:

Royal

It will say image error but just click where it says to click and they will show. Great story and pictures Fred!! I love to see those old towns

[attachment 99612 Fred1.jpg]

[attachment 99613 fred2.jpg]

I was trying to avoid having to post the story using several posted parts. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

I expected someone to come tumbling off the roof or out a window in a shoot out. With the old curtains flaping in the breeze and broken window, it really gives it that old western look of the ghost town building. Yet I assume not that far away are the nice churches and feed store. Being here in the northeast, nothing sits idle to long before someone else jump on it to revive it or tear and town and build new. Again, this is a small area so there always seems to be overlap and plenty of people close by to keep it all going again.

From the looks of it there, it looks like they leave for other parts and never look back. I see your Iron Horse in the pictures there. Looks like its treating you real well and getting you into some interesting areas. Great post.

George-CT

Oh we have a few towns, like Sandon, or Barkerville, that were big and noticed..... But generally, not very much in you style.

Thank you for the story. and pictures.

Fair winds

Mikie

Thanks even more for being kind and polite by taking the time to post a response, it is most appreciated. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

Lazy bastards in my view

about climbing up a flat top mountain. What was the name and location? Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

While you still have the opportunity to hunt at your sites, most of our old sites are closed to metal detecting due to the owners refusing to give permission to hunt. Many of the ranches are being sold to developers...the Wheeler Ranch next to our old home place has now been sold and roads are being built for homes that will soon be built where cows once grazed. I feel the same despair that a famous Indian Chief must have felt when he was captured a few miles from the Canadian border...he said something to the effect "from this day forward, I will fight no more." I think the Indian Chief's name was Chief Joseph, but not sure. Ranching as I knew it is fast disappearing...no more! Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

You have devoloped quite a talet with your camera - something I wish I was better at. I love those old towns.

to visiting a few historical battle sites and see what happens. I am also still interested in doing some macro bug photography, but have not done very well with it in the past...I would love to take some bug pictures that turned out like the ones that Royal has posted in the past. I think that he has better bugs up there in Michigan. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

I miss some too but always try to go back and make a comment. Some times we just read some and don't take time to comment but there are MANY that read these storys and NEVER comment. I think it is rude and selfish

There were 70 reads and a few comments. I know that every time it is clicked on it is not read but this is stupid. Just a few support this forum and a bunch of leaches hang out.

That is the reason I got my name off the header

first thing I think of is dragging a metal detector around most of those buildings. Thanks for the great post.

They take me to place and times that I read about [or sometimes not... but that matters not] in my youth. You put a more personal spin on those times and locales..

They are always a joy to read.

Calm seas,,, Fair winds

Mikie

And those other abandoned buildings Fred. There's gotta be some neat treasures tucked away all over that town. Of the three churches, even though each was unique and classic, I loved that Methodist for it's shape and character. I could see that being gorgeous as a renovated home. Great, great post Fred. Sorry for my tardiness but works taking up more of my time than I like. :)

been putting some miles on that horsie on wheels haven't you? I still watch for you to come up the driveway just anytime!! :)

Royal said:
It will say image error but just click where it says to click and they will show. Great story and pictures Fred!! I love to see those old towns

I suspect these image errors are because you are trying to attach photos that are over the limit.

This is what it says when u want to attach a photo to a post:

You are allowed to attach photos of the following type: gif, jpg, png, jpeg
No photo can be larger than 420 KB
6 more photo(s) can be uploaded to this message

you're photos were twice that size each.

here's one that is are reduced to get under the limit. You can do this through resizing or compression which is built into the JPEG format

I made the whole post one picture and it was under the limit.