Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fred sent me this and I think it is Soooooo true:thumbup:

Royal

[attachment 100762 black-and-white.jpg]

n/t

The Indian who played Tonto ended up marrying Barbara Eden. She was then, and is now, one sharp looking lady with class. Think his name was Mikael Azarras or something close to that. For sure, all this high tech stuff has given us a better life that way, but we lost something along the way, at least in our youth. Seemed to be more respect then for others, young or old. Manners were right out there in front. Yes Sir no Sir was far better than getting the third digit you get to day. Your word met something as did theirs. If you said you would do it, you did. Today, it seems meaning less. Kinda like " It depends on the meaning of is." give me a break...Everyone thigs they are and attorney. We could do with less of them also.

All those Black and white TV shows you could watch with your family and not be embarrassed to have your kids or their friends there.

Might sound stupid, but the other day I gave a guy from the club a ride home about 4 miles from the club on the back of my bike. Simple thing to do. Yet, the comments from the younger group when I came back, was you look like a gay couple or something to that effect. Two old friends can no longer ride a bike at the same time because they might be perceived as gay. I bit my tongue and said, yeah, we finally came out of the closet. To much spin on things today. Everything has 4 meanings...

Geo

We were taught at an early age to say "yes sir" and "no sir" and what the word respect meant. We did not dare even to think about stealing something that belonged to someone else...if we wanted something, we worked to earn it. There were no Toys-R-Us or computers...we built tree houses and forts, went fishing and hunting, made our own kites, and were in hog heaven if we got our hands on an old apple crate or inter tube. We often wore hand-me-down clothes, and as a bonus, shirts that Mother made from patterned flour bags or feed bags. I was lucky in growing up in the country where we could roam across the fields and explore the creeks, never needing permission to enter a neighbors land. We worked hard tending cows, working in the garden, repairing fences before we could play...and we never complained as it was expected of us. Yes, I grew up in the best of times. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

Building forts sure brings back some great memories. Most of our toys we got at the dump. Fact the town dump was a fun place for us kids. We got parts for bikes and soap box derby car parts. When were old enough to go hunting we would go there with a .22 and a box of shorts and shoot rats. At night my father had and old Nash Rambler that the top slide down on. We would take in there at night. Park in the middle of the dump, wait 10 minutes, and turn the lights on and the rats would be all around. We got to take knock them off.
Later they stopped that, and hired people in to do that, and then went to poison controls or something. We had a great time, controled the rat population, got in some good target practice and most of the time when we went to the dump, we came home with more than we took there. Up here now everything is recycled, and people bid on the dump rights so there is no taking of anything unless the dump king is willing to give or sell it to you...... Would not be a good job for me, being the proverbial pack rat, I would have 50 acres of junk collected....

Geo

n/t

I never watch the others. If a person was to believe what they say the world is all murder and full of perverts. I happen to know better. I get tired of the talking heads, most of which are 15 years younger than my kids, trying to tell me what to think. I get tired of them convicting a person before the cops even arrest them, just to age an audience.

There are many good things that happen on this planet, every day, but they ignore them.

One dark night outside of Westlake, a small town in Louisiana, a fire started inside the local chemical plant and in a blink of an eye it exploded into massive flames.

The alarm went out to all the fire departments for miles around.

When the volunteer fire fighters appeared on the scene, the chemical company president rushed to the fire chief and said, 'All our secret formulas are in the vault in the center of the plant. They must be saved!
I will give $50,000 to the fire department that brings them out intact.'

But the roaring flames held the firefighters off. Soon more fire departm ents had to be called in as the situation became desperate.

As the firemen arrived, the president shouted out that the offer was now $100,000 to the fire department who could bring out the company's secret files.

From a distance, a lone siren was heard as another fire truck came into sight. It was the nearby Hackberry Rural Township Volunteer Fire Company, composed mainly of Cajuns over the age of 65.

To everyone's amazement, that little run-down fire engine roared right past all the newer sleek engines that were parked outside the plant. Without even slowing down, it drove straight into the middle of the inferno.

Outside, the other firemen watched as the Hackberry old timers jumped off right in the middle of the fire and fought it back on all sides.

It was a performance and effort never seen before. Within a short time, the Cajun old timers had extinguished the fire and had saved the secret formulas.

The grateful chemical company president announced that for such a superhuman feat he was upping the reward to $200,000, and walked over to personally thank each of the brave fire fighters.

The local KPLC TV news reporter rushed in to capture the event on film, asking the chief, 'What are you going to do with all that money?'

'Whall,' said Boudreaux, the 70-year-old fire chief,
'Da first ting we gonna do is fix dem brakes on dat darn truck!'

was a treasure island!:D Never locked are doors back then, you could leave the keys in your car, and it would still be there the next morrning!

I would not change my youth for anything. Growing up in a town of 800 people, door left unlocked and open.....Kids of all ages played together [hide n seek, kick the can, conkers in season, tag, etc, etc]. Those were the best of times and at times, I feel sorry for my kids that they could not have that.. However, we have three good kids so I cannot complain.

Sunny skies

Mikie

n/t