Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fred, I have never been to Texas, other than landing

Ron J

going to and from Hawaii years ago. I have always been drawn to Galveston. That town has quite the history for floods, shipwrecks, and even had a Life Saving Station that was washed away. I read in a Treasure Magazine, how the town was flooded in a major storm, that made Katrina look small. I also know how the town has been raised. Amazing how the buildings are built on top of the old town, and some "cellars" are actually the old buildings. On the "Weather Channel" a month ago, there was a special about The great storm and how the weatherman screwed up, causing a lot of lives to be lost, including his own family. He never received blame for it though.

The hurricane of 1900 that hit there is still listed as the worse storm this country has ever known!

I told the story in a post about a developer who moved his huge project to Port Arthur because of a vivid dream and avoided the storms wrath.

CJ

he has since passed. That is flat country and there is nothing to stop a storm.

I drove from Huston to Galviston with my GPS on the dash and the highest I ever got was 20 ft above sea level and that was on a bridge!

One thing I still remember is when flying across Texas I was surprised at how flat it is. My vision of Texas was from the movies and they are always in the mountains it seems.

Another thing that suprised me was that at the auto show they told us that 4WD are not very popular in Texas. I thought they would be. Up here in the north land they are almost necessary because of the snow and the rough country if we get off the highways but not down there. A dealer at the show said he sold very few of them. Flat land