Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fred, finally took a picture of the Guardian Bell today.

George-CT

I added a yellow arrow to show where I placed it. Well protected there from being scrapped off on dirt roads and shows up good. I get a lot of questions about it
and am always happy to tell them how I aquired it. We have a long ride planned for tomorrow n the bikes. I'm mounting my Garmin Nuvi 350 GPS on there this week also. We have been traveling a lot of back roads that cross between 3 states and it would come on handy as it has all the roads on it, where as my handheld didn't unless I added the latest City Naviagator Version 9 to it and its on this one already. If I'm not using it I'm sure my kids will put it to good use.
I'll send you a picture when i get it mounted....

Geo

How did you fasten the Guardian Bell to the bike? I used a nylon tie strap and mounted my bell more to the front, just inside of the front floor board on the left side.

The weather has been so miserable down here due to the extreme heat, that I have only ridden twice in the past three weeks, and those rides were short rides to boot. Today the temperatures will only reach 95 degrees, good riding weather, but there is rain all around us...bike sits in the garage again.

George, have you ever painted a helmet? If so, what type of paint did you use? I have two John Deere decals that I want to put on a green colored helmet, but I can not find one that color...so I figured that I will have to paint one. The John Deere dealer has some green tractor paint in spray cans and I wonder if that paint would work OK without damaging the helmet plastic. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

attached it in the front but I'm real low to the ground, 4 inches so If I'm even on my lawn and hit a few dips I pick up dirt or grass. I figured it might wipe it off there so I moved it back to midships were I felt it was real protected. Like I said, it generates a lot of questions...

I've been seeing you guys are really getting the heat there. We have only had about 7 days here of 90 or better. The rest of it has really been nice. It was perfect here today, 75, bone dry air, sun, same tomorrow but a little warmer. Really been a cool summer I think, but more rain than normal...Really seems like it rains about every other day or at least in the evening. My fields are still a lush green. This time of year they are seldom that way... Horses are loving it....

Yesh, I've painted a lot of them Fred, but just my own to matching something I was riding at the time, I know they make harder paints that are more chip resistant but I have also used the stuff you get for cars or what have you that you spray on. They will scratch. As long as your careful how you lay them down they are fine.
Most of my helmets take a beating in the woods on the dirt bikes and quads. I keep a few of them that way to show the battle scars.... My road bike ones I try to keep neat looking. I have to half helmets and one full face one and one open face full one. If it isn't and expesive helmet I'd paint that puppy up and put the decals to it. I used a very fine sandpaper to knock off the gloss and it seems to work fine. I know some of the bike shops do it but are a little pricey. I wonder if you approached a car shop that did nice paint work on cars if they might have a color green you like in a metalic paint that would do it. If not, like you I see the spray spaints for the John Deere, International, Kobota, Cat, Ford etc at the tractor supply places. I've never had any of it damage the paint already on it. I got one to match my road bike, a metalic red one to match my paint, but I have not been wearing it as its been to warm and you sweat. So I'm using the half helmets in black that they wear for now. Not as much protection for sure, but its a lot cooler, I can hear better and the best part is when I leave it it fits in my saddle bags so i can lock it up.

When does your weather start to break there for the 70 degree temps? Actually, last night my daughter was cold after the sun went down on the bike. She put on a sweat shirt and later her road jacket with the ammor in it... Big ride tomorrow, hopeully I'll get to stop long enough to take a few pictures.

Geo-CT

However, even in October there will be many days with the temperatures in the upper 80's and higher...never know what to expect down here. As a rule, we do not get much freezing weather down here, and we can ride just about year round. I only wore my leather jacket twice last winter and one of those times I had the front open.

I just heard on the radio that another biker was killed last night...going too fast on a curve. I seems that one gets killed every week down here.

Thanks for the information about painting the helmet. Tomorrow, I will start the light sanding and Monday I will go by the John Deere dealer and buy some green tractor paint. This helmet will look neat with the John Deere tractor decals on it. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

The one in my park spot is missing a few parts,but heck the owner is a good mechanic,he already paid for insurance.The one on front street is a daily driver.

[attachment 101944 2ndAnnualKELLYride007.jpg][attachment 101945 2ndAnnualKELLYride012.jpg][attachment 101947 2ndAnnualKELLYride016.jpg]