Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fred did you buy a goldpan yet? You need to see this!..........

I have never seen one like that before. I have a Garrett gold pan, green color plastic construction. I have not used it because there is no place around here with gold in the creeks.

One of these days I hope to go to Arizona or New Mexico and look for gold. I think that in Arizona you put dirt and rocks into a tub of water and then use your pan, but not sure. I have a few books about gold hunting but have not really read them yet in earnest.

The frustrating news is that my diabetes is out of control again and everything we try is not working. As such, I can not get my legs back to be like I need them...nerve damage. I do not know if I could take the rigors of looking for gold at the moment. I just put a smile on my face, don't say much about it, and try to figure out a way to win this battle...just a matter of time and I will whip this nasty disease and head for Arizona to hunt for gold. I would like to find some gold like that man in the video clip.

Is there anything wrong with using the Garrett Gold pan? He said that he found some with a metal detector? This was confusing to me. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

barely containing his excitememt! It has to excite you too:thumbup:

of the frozen muck and risk of breakage. That muck came from a creekbed in Alaska that they have scraped down to the bedrock with a dozer, then chipping the frozen muck out of the low spots. It is a very rich paystreak that is quite rare.
I think that in Arizona they use "drywashers" consisting of a shaker and fan to blow the lighter sand away, leaving the gold. They do not have much running water there. A metal detectorist does very well there also.

Darn! i am so sorry to hear that you are still having leg troubles and know that you will fight and win! I can not go goldpanning either as my legs can't handle it. We will do better:)

get him to send us back slabs of that virgin dirt to sift thru all winter.
Sure a nice piece he found there. I'm was wondering what was in the bottom also. I would have been fired in short order. I'd be doing that instead of what they hired me to do. I had enough problems on one job where there was a great trout stream and spring shad run. I couldn't work in the rain, was their bi1ch, but I could fish in it all day. At least they had good powers of observation.

When you were doing the gold hunting did you ever hit what you considered a virgin area?

George-CT

but i have found nice little undiscovered paystreaks in previously worked ground, got a few oz. Not enough to do it full time tho....dang!:lol:

I still have a very good spot about an hours drive from my home but cannot do the hiking and carrying of gear anymore. It requires a couple miles of crisscrossing the river (in summer season), following rock ledges, and lots of bushwhacking through windfall timber. That is why it is good!:biggrin:

than I have in my entire life!

Dave