Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Found Today in Old Park; 4 hours

Dug

[attachment 36186 ricepark09.25.06002.jpg]
I actually forgot to bring home everything; there were also a fuse, an electric outlet cover plate, and a bottle cap still attached to the top of a broken bottle. One of the pennies was found with a nickel and both sounds were heard at times.

[attachment 36189 ricepark09.25.06015.jpg]
The pennies were 4-6 inches deep, two of which gave quite consistent signals typical of pennies; COND 28 FER 3. The other one wasn't as convincingly a penny, but from certain directions the crosshairs was in penny territory.

[attachment 36187 ricepark09.25.06011.jpg]
The dimes were 4 and 5 inches deep and on both I suspected dimes as they indicated COND 28 FER 0-1 most of the time. There was a lot of trash in the area searched, but the dimes were both in relatively clear ground.

[attachment 36190 ricepark09.25.06028.jpg]

[attachment 36191 ricepark09.25.06027.jpg]
This good luck token was COND 28 OR 29 AND FER 00. I thought it was a quarter. It was 6 inches deep and surrounded by tree roots. It took a while to dig, cut, and chop it out.

Looks as if you had a productive 4 hrs. at the park and took home some good looking goodies. WTG and keep it up.

[attachment 36267 dlpark09.26.06003.jpg]
These pennies were in an area of an old city park where some bleachers had just been removed and a building torn down. One of them initially gave a pretty broken and squeaky signal, and after taking out the plug, the tone went way low, more like a nickel. After digging another inch or two, the X-1 probe picked up the target again at a typical penny tone. Not sure why the variability on that penny, but shows one has to dig some unusual squeaks which may be present in only one direction and then may disappear or change when the digging has started. The 1912-S seems to be a semi-key date. See photo below.

[attachment 36268 dlpark09.26.06014.jpg]

[attachment 36269 dlpark09.26.06015.jpg]

Hey, Thanks, JB!! Yes, sure am having fun. I know these old city parks have been worked over pretty well, but once in a while one can find some left overs.

Seems like one has to chance the junk more often in order to have a chance at picking out any left overs in these worked over city parks. When is your next hunt? And where? Whereever, happy hunting, Eddie!!

Keep working that Park of yours and I can almost guarantee that there is a few more Silver waiting for you to swing your coil over. Congrats and that Lucky Coin you found is just that, giving you luck and I hope to see more finds from that Park. Good Luck and HH.:thumbup:

Responding to my own message here is a photo of the 1912S penny page from the Red Book.

[attachment 36301 dlpark09.26.06.jpg]

You can see that finding a 1914D would be better, but hey, one can't have everything at once.

Happy hunting.

Doug