Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Found First Silver with Compadre 7” Coil

Dirtdigger33

This last Saturday I got up early in the morning to go detecting at a place I have been having great success but today was the best day yet. I love it when you find a place you know has not had a detector run over it because there are so many targets to dig even on full discrimination. I wanted to see what this area would have in it so I went full disc. I dug so many quarters, dimes and copper pennies and then it happened. I popped out this chunky ring that had this large cheap looking stone in it. It definitely did not look like it was anything special but the metal part was not corroded and it had a silver look to it. It had clay mud caked around the inside so I thought I would wash it up when I got back home and check for a marking. If not it would go in my junk ring finds spot. I checked on it periodically during the rest of the hunt to see if it would change color. It never did but remained that silver color. When I got home I washed it up and inside the band stamped small was what we all love to see .925. I was excited. I have dug some silver and gold out of the ground over the years of detecting but it never gets old for me to see that silver or gold stamp. I have had my 7” Compadre since the first part of September. I paid some guy $80 for it and I am well on my way to paying it back with my finds so far. In the same area I decided to switch over to around foil and five cent range. The first target was a nickel and soon after that a little deeper quarter. I can’t wait to go back hopefully next Saturday. I am loving my new 7” Compadre.

Attachments

• IMG_4507.jpeg
    IMG_4507.jpeg
    37.4 KB · Views: 18