Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Found first half dime in 5 years. 1840 O

nalc472

Found this at at house that was built in 1824. It was the site of a civil war battle that killed 4 union soldiers. This house is on the Ohio RIver.

Found with my EQ800

Haven’t seen you post in awhile Nalc! Holy COW is that a find!! I guess you’re one of those people who doesn’t post until you find something quite extraordinary....just WOW!!

WOW! beautiful seated half dime!!!!

SUPERB dig! Seated coins are my favorites to dig, and only one half-dime has shown up for me. TERRIFIC!

I grew up along the Ohio River in western PA, so you must be farther "down river," in the Ohio/Kentucky area, where there was a bit action during the War?

Congrats!

Steve

That's the second half dime posted this week, One bust and now a seated ! Congrats Nalc on a dandy find!!
HH Jeff

Nice find I’m still looking for a seated half dime the bust half I got lol.
Great find!
Mark

It has joined my family of 1822 half and 1834 dime

what grade would U think this coin is? I think between Fine and extremely fine.

here is back side of half dime. Also a button. I thought it might be a CW button from a southern state. The coin is brighter than that. THe light bust have been dim.

That has the O above the wreath if I’m not mistaken that was I believe a 1 year deal??? There’s a 1840 O with drapery 695,000 or no drapery 240,000 yours looks to be no drapery.
The capped bust I found this week looks to be EF condition I have 2 same year and I’m thinking of having them graded..
Nice find on the seated.
Mark

Sorry I have the the two mixed up 1840 O with drapery is a mintage of 240,000 no drapery 695,000 which yours looks to be
Mark

I will have to check the TID when I have my detector back. I am letting my buddy use it since I have no time to do it during the week. I believe it rang up like at penny.

found some other stuff this season but not posted it. I have a large cent and indian, 1 merc, and a war nickel