Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Found around Ohio Erie canal house

CDDZ

Anyone have an idea what this was/is?

IMG_0716.jpg

IMG_0717.jpg

IMG_0718.jpg

Lamp shade Tightener.... on a table lamp.Goes on the top...????????????

I have also seen some old walking canes with handles similar looking.. ?????????

Elton said:
Lamp shade Tightener.... on a table lamp.Goes on the top...????????????

I have also seen some old walking canes with handles similar looking.. ?????????

Not sure, seems like the wrong angle for a walking can. As a lamp shade tightener it would be upside down. It is cast and has threads at the mouth. When I first dug it up and held it, it put me in mind of a sword handle lol.

I agree with Elton that it is likely a lamp finial. Google "antique lamp finials images" and you will see that very ornate ones like yours were made.

flinthunter said:
I agree with Elton that it is likely a lamp finial. Google "antique lamp finials images" and you will see that very ornate ones like yours were made.

The threading is too large to be a lamp finial, although I do have to agree that it is some type of finial.

I'm sure this is most likely a lamp top.
Could also be a parasol handle though.
Here is a link to a similar lamp finial.
Very cool find. I would give it a light high point polish and repurpose it to a shifter knob in my Jeep.

Brass Antique Dolphin Lamp Finial

http://www.skipjackmarinegallery.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=SNWMG&Product_Code=MMFFN&Category_Code=TL