Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

FOUND A TWENTY DOLLAR BILL!! Part 1 and 2

I started having a cup of jo, hot and black, every morning at the small convenience store/gas station a half mile or so from my house a year or so after it opened. I

Unless someone can lay claim to it [identifying it some how--- difficult with money] ,feel no guilt at all cupa. If it was on the counter, or behind that counter.... well that is a different story. Seems to me that an individual customer probably dropped it. ... and you found it. Case closed.

calm seas

Mikie

I would probably do as you did but feel funny about it. It is too bad the little airhead was dishonest and I would have let the owner know. A thief is a thief and if she would steal that ten spot she would steal from the boss.

A few weeks before Christmas I found a nice gold chain in the locker room of the gym I go to. I took it out to the lady that runs the desk, a completely honest lady and asked if anyone had said they lost one. She said no. I gave her the necklace and told her where I had found it.

A week ago I asked her if anyone had claimed it, it has been over a month. She said no. I waited a few days and asked again. She looked and it was still locked in her desk and she said nobody had mentioned it. I told her I was an honest man but I also was not stupid. I told her that if nobody claimed it soon, I figure if they were going to claim it they would by now, I wanted it. If anyone had a right to it it was me I figured. If the owner turned up later and could identify it I would sure give it to them but I figure I have a better claim to it than some sweeper in the gym. She was at a loss as to what to do. She said she had a gold ring in the drawer that had been there for three years! Well that ain'ta gonna happen! I told her I would give it another week or so and then I wanted it.

I would never screw anyone over money but I ain't gonna get screwed either. If the fool that lost it can not ask for it in over a month it is his loss. At least that is the way I feel.

coming out of wal-mart and they were busy and didn't want to stop and put them in it.i stopped at a convenience store soon after and going into the store and reached for my bill fold pulling it out.i looked down and saw some bills on the ground and thought someone may have dropped them.

i young goth looking kid had walked out when i was walking in,i went to his car and asked him if he had dropped them,he said yeah.so i gave them to him and he and his girlfriend left.when i got in the store i realized they were mine.:angry:.i guess he got a good hoot out of it.i hope someone kicked his a$$ in a club later:lol:.maybe i needed mine kicked for being stupid:shrug:.

Some times it seems we make mistakes by doing the the right thing. Doing what you feel in your heart is right is never wrong!

I found a womans wallet lying in the road a few years ago. I turned my van around and braved traffic to retrieve it. The wallet had about a hundred dollars and some food stamps in it along with the young woman's drivers license. I drove the four miles out of my way to the address on the license all the while thinking how frantic the young woman must be over her lost wallet and knocked on the door and told the young woman that answered that I had found the wallet in the middle of a buisy street near a popular market. She grabbed the wallet with a hurried thanks and almost slammed the door in my face!

I followed my heart and did the right thing and can live with that. I felt as though a nice smile and a heart felt "thank you" would have made my efforts seem more appreciated though.

Best wishes to you all Friends,

Cupajo

bother me for a long time. Of course I am an adult and these young boys brains are not put on line until they are in their twenties.. Girls are different. Age has nothing to do with their thinking. The stars have to be aligned just right and that is from their home planet. Hard to judge from earth

if I had not returned it to her. Sounds like I would not trade lives with her. She probably was on a cigarette withdrawal. Now she can go buy some smokes. :D At taxpayers expense. Gotta suck to be her

Some did not... That being said, I still feel I did the correct thing. Found a ring once too. A young girl came up and asked if I had found a ring. I asked her to describe it and she did so perfectly.......... Ring returned no problem. I was happy to.

Fair winds

mikie

I was approached by three small girls (maybe 8-10 years old) and before I pulled off my earphones I heard " I'm not gonna ask him, you ask him!" One of the youngsters had lost a ring and would be so happy if I might find it for her! I asked them where the ring was lost and walked the few yards to the spot. They said it had to be close to the blanket they shared. I spent all of thirty seconds and found an aluminum (Maybe!) ring with the word love wrapped around the band and handed it to the one that reached for it. I have rarely seen that much excitement about anything and was a bit surprised when the lil sweetie asked if I might find the other one!

In amazement I asked her ,"You lost two rings?" She acted embarrassed so I let it go and thirty seconds later I handed her the second aluminum ring that I'm sure had something written on it, but failed to notice as I was watching the joy these simple gifts brought to these children!

Cupajo

I've found money many times over the years of my long life. A couple of dollars on the side of the road as I hiked along, money lying on the beach exposed for all to see, but I was the one to find it!

The first money I ever found was in Boling, Texas when I was perhaps 8 or 9 years old. There as I stepped into the local drugstore to look around were three one dollar bills on the step! I picked up the bills and went inside. I handed the money to the lady clerk and explained that I had found it on the step. She told me that she would hold it for a few days and if no one asked for it I could have it!

I must have been in the store several times a day for those several days after, because she seemed very happy to give me that money back!!

Cupajo

A number of year's ago now, my wife and I had started a business over in Georgia and a little while after getting the business off and running, I had gotten into the practice of starting out my work day with a couple of hours of early morning detecting on the nearby local fairgrounds. This, by the way, is a pleasant way to start of one's work day. Anyway, upon arriving at the site this particular morning to begin my searching where I had left off the previous morning, I spotted several beer cans scattered about a few yards out from my starting off spot. Since my car was nearby and I had a trash bag in it, I got the trash bag and walked out to pick up the beer cans. Upon picking up the cans, I spotted a crumpled bill laying nearby. Picking up the bill, I promptly noticed the crumpled bill was actuall two bills, and both were fifties. I thought to myself, " it really does pay to haul trash off from a site."

About an hour into my searching, I heard a noise like the slamming of a car door, and I noticed a young man, probably in his late teens, hurry out to the general area where I had found the beer cans and the two $50.00 bills. After a couple of minutes of hurriedly looking around, he began glancing over in my direction with an anxious look on his face. I let him squirm for another minute or so, before finally removing my headphones and walking over to inquire what he was doing. He stated he was looking for some money he had lost last night when he and his girl friend had been "setting in about this spot talking" and asked if I happened to find any. I stated, "I found a bunch of beer cans." He didn't say anything, but rather gave me a pleading look. I asked him how much had he lost and he promptly said, "two fifty dollar bills." I mentioned something to the effect about not littering and withdrew the two bills from my pocket and handed them to him. From the look on his face, I quickly stepped back, suspecting I was about to get kissed.

Jim