Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Found a great inexpensive digger

newbiehunter

I got turned on to a great inexpensive digger today. Go to home depot garden dept. and look at the garden hand tools, you should find a green handled garden trowel called the Ames Garden Pal.
It has a serrated edge for cutting roots, a knife edge for cutting sod, the blade and handel are marked in inch increments to gauge depth, and it only costs about 10 bucks. I picked one up and gave it a baptisim by dirt this afternoon. It's not a lesche but when you are on a budget and pinching pennies this little tool is just the ticket, and if you lay it down and forget it or drop it and lose it your not going to cry as much as if it was a lesche. I still want a lesche myself but till I can afford one this will work fine.

Budget days are here and they aint going to dissapear.

I have been using the blue handle version of this for 3 years... that and a cheap hori-hori has gotten me by with no complaints. I did finally break down and order a lesche, but the ames pal is a darn good digger, and well worth the money. I have heard of people breaking them, but I have done some pretty tough prying with mine and have yet to have one break. It will serve you well.
Good luck!
Darren

I have the same Ames digging tool, and I use it for a back-up to my Lesche. It is a great inexpensive digger, but it gives me a big blister on my palm after using it for a while.

[size=large]wonder what did anyone do before the lesche? i have one but as has been said, if you lose the cheaper digger you don't cry about it like you would the lesche. i'd like to train my terrier but he won't back-fill his holes.

HH [/size]

Kind of hard for your dog to hold it in his paws is it not! I guess it's that whole oppose-able thumb thing.