Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Found a good one yesterday..........

Mike from MI "Iron Brigade"

Staff member
Had a free hour so I went to a park I have been going to for years. It has produced many wheat cents and silver coins for me. They are harder to find now but I know there are still some there. I only dug two memorials, one nickel, and this Standing Liberty Quarter. These are hard to come by as they were only made for 15 years. I dug another one at this park about 5 years ago when Chicago Mike was there with me. That one was in beautiful shape. Always a joy to see silver in the dirt.
[attachment 370520 slq.jpg]
[attachment 370521 slq2.jpg]
[attachment 370522 slq3.jpg]

Congrats Mike on detecting in the cold & for finding the goodies! Do any of the Standing Liberties, even if almost dateless or completely dateless have any value?? Just haven't been able to buy the newer coin books, as yet--I can't go shopping & Walmart stores aren't near STE Genevieve, MO for Tami to go & buy for me! What does your coin book give on pricings?? I have some SL Quarters!but don't know how many right now! Thank you! Ma

most styles are common dates with not much value, but there are some good dates that are more valuable.

Is there any value above the 25 cents on no dates or poor dates? I have a very good dated one 1925, 1927 or 1929 or something --can't remember for sure--but a nice coin with clear defined date! Just haven't detected for so long that I haven't kept up with my coins--moved too much since leaving St. Louis, MO in Feb 2014! & info is still packed in boxes! Not able to do much! SAD!! Thank you! Ma

Some of the best dates are 1918 with the 8 over a 7, 1921, and 1923 S. Certainly there are several that have some decent value, based on condition.

25 and 29 are common, 27 D has a little more value, and the 27 S is even better yet.

Thanks Mike, just not lucky enough to find the scarce or rare ones! Oh well, I am still blessed--BECAUSE HEY I am still living or trying to be alive that is! SMILE! My Internet server was down off & on & then last two days it was off more than on--working now but not sure if they fixed the problem on their end or not? Anyway found out I'M addicted & was not happy! CRY! LOL! Ma

Hi DOC--don't you wish that you had kept them for now--WOW just think you might have kept some real valuable SL'S like the guy who kept the 1943 Copper Penny that was in his lunch box? When we came back from vacationing out WEST in the 60's, we had loads of Silver Dollars--should have kept all of them BUT they were so heavy for the pocket & to keep that the stores kept giving them as change instead of greenbacks! Now that is a sad tale, too! Ma