Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Found a Carolus III Half Real today. Just as rotten as

jabbo

the other two half reals I found. Badly worn and dented. Was found in the woods in central Jersey. The last two digits 88 of the date is still visible, so it's 1788. The second photo shows the the thickness of a dime next to the half real. Same diameter as the dime, but half reals were made really thin. If I ever find another one I hope it was dropped when it was new. This woods had a whole lot of iron signals, I sampled some, they were bolts, flat bars and stuff that could possibly be from farming machinery. Maybe it was a crop field long ago, now owned by Rutgers University. Will go back. Was using the CoinStrike. Jabbo

That is a very nice coin, congrats!!!! Definitely better then my finds today( barber quarter 1916D, 2 mercs, a Rosie). Great. Job! We need to get out together.

HH
Rocco

Rocco, your finds today are way way better. Sure, we can get together. Together we'll really clean up. Jabbo

Ken, In woods across road from Johnson Park. Found the large penny and IH there too last week. Keepers are very sparce. Check out that site on HistoricAriels, 1931 blimp photos seem to show (farm fields?), also Camp Kilmer was close by before it was demolished. Camp Kilmer site has to be loaded with silver coins lost by the WW2 troops if you can detect between the nails and junk. Last year I tried it and gave up. Camp Kilmer site is across road from Piscataway vehicle inspection station, some buildings still standing. Jabbo

Went back there today for 3 hours. Found a 3 coin spill. A 1948 silver Washington quarter, 1939 Merc dime and a wheatie. Then much later found a 1919 Merc dime. Had lots of deep iron signals, but coins there are really far apart. Gotta be more there somewhere. Jabbo

:surprised:

Nice digs! There are no 'bad' Reales :drool: