Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Found a cannonball and bayonett today.....

Dan-MO

In my shed where they have been since I dug them a few years ago!The cannonball was dug near a known CW battlesite....The bayonette was dug in a barnyard and I have no idea how old it is. Can you tell I'm bored?:lol::lol:

those are neat finds:detecting:

Both awesome finds ! I'm kind of binding my time here for the day when I can claim a room as my own to display some finds. Too dang many women around here.:shrug: But i'd love to find pieces like those. Are there no legible markings on that sword ? Could be an officers sword or a cavalry piece. Truly remarkable finds Dan! What's your poison.........I'll trade you Jim's first born for it.:lol:

n/t

Anyone know how to get rust stains out of a white tablecloth?:cry::lol:

My wife shows very little interset in these type finds,mild interest in coins, BUT her eyes sure light up on the rings!:lol:

Dan . The Bayonett I'am Pretty Sure Is Early 1850s. Possibly A Colour Sargents.Nice Ball Solid Shot.I Think The Bayonett May Be French From The War Against MexicoIn Which Gen Lee Took Part. JIM..

Sure looks like a sword to me. Looks like the guard is missing off the handle in the second pic ? It does have a groove in the handle though that also seems to fit as a lock for a bayonett. Darn long bayonett if that's the case.:smoke:

n/t

That grooved handle sure looks like a bayonett fix though. It's not often I get to say this but you may be right after all.:lol:

CONGRATS! Thanks for sharing. You will need to coat those puppies to keep them from flaking away in the rust process.

aj