Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Found a 1918 dag tax tag

I was poking around my dad's house ( Next door to me ) with my 705 in the dark last night and I found a flat piece of metal shaped like a bell. I figured that it was a dog collar tag , and when I cleaned it up that's what it was. I just didn't think that it would be from 1918. It says from top to bottom - 1918 - DOG TAX - 262 - ANTIGO ( <-- Small town in Northern Wisconsin near where I live ). It was around 6" deep. I'll try to post a photo of it at a later date , but I live in the boonies and only have dial up so it takes forever to download photos , plus I'm at work right now on lunch break. Happy Hunting , CoinShooter-Craig

Glad you found a detector you can enjoy.

Ya , I like it way better than my detector that was twice as expensive that I traded in for my 705 and T-2. I'll be nice and I wont mention any model names ( Elton knows from experience what I'm referring to ;) ).
Elton said:
Glad you found a detector you can enjoy.

Those tags are neat. I wonder if rarity makes these tags worth any more?

Congrats on the nice old tag:thumbup:

Yup Xwyokid thoses old rare ones bring in some nice bucks.

I'm going to bring in in to the Coin dealer / Hobby shop in town to see what he appraises it at within the next few days. I don't care if it isn't worth anything or not - I still think that it's pretty neat.

Nice! The one feature I wish my X70 had would be the back lite for nite hunting...here is one I found last summer....
Baggins

Lizardchaser said:
Congrats on the nice old tag:thumbup:

Yup Xwyokid thoses old rare ones bring in some nice bucks.

Mine is from 1927 so, not very old. However, after a couple of months of showing it, talking to old timers and visiting all the local museums, I have determined that it is the only one in existence for the town that issued it.

Those are neat old dog tax tags. I'll try to post a photo of mine soon , but I'm working 10 to 12 hour days and playing in my band on Saturdays - It's hard enough to find any time to even go detecting lately. Thanks for the replies and photos! HH CoinShooter-Craig.