Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fors TID.

banshee89

I purchase a brand new fors core pro package back in december and have been trying to get along with it, but Im afraid, its just not stacking up in the TId department. Everything seems like its lumped into the 80s. I understand hunting by sound.... I have a long history with tesoros, so Im well aware of sound. But, with the Tesoro I can turn the discrimination knob up untill a signal discriminates out to get an idea of what it is, cant do that with the Nokta so I need the TID to at least be close.

I made a video to show how my machine is reacting to a bottle cap.

[video]https://youtu.be/VfIjujAzPQA[/video]

Does this seem correct?

A common complaint with your detector and the Racer 1. The Racer 2 has the VDI numbers spread out more with a more narrow iron range. Hunters in the US rely more on the VDI that other countries I believe. Our modern trash makes VDI numbers important. Your unit is better suited for relic hunters than coin hunting. Relic hunters will dig anything that is conductive.

83 numbers killed it for me. 82- 83 on the Racer 1 wasn't pleasant either.. Bottle caps galore, and lots of junk..

That said ..there were many features that I did like on both machines. The tracking on the racer 1 was awesome.. it worked exceptionally well in my dirt.. and kept pace with the changes.
The depth was better that many detectors I have used and the coin separation was pretty good in heavy junk.

Use 3 tone, don't dig 87. Spend some more time with it, let it teach you. You really want to hear a difference, run the disc up to 80 or 81 and dig away. I never dig anything hardly above 85-86 however in three tone once learned, you'll use the other two a lot less. You cannot discern anything in 2 tone, 3 tone says a lot and has a lot to learn. Even that cap will roll/blend for you coming and going. Nuances!

What I found on my CoRe is that it tends to lump targets like bottle caps in to the 84 bin. I've never dug anything good in the 84 bin. So, I just stopped digging anything that came up in the 84 bin. The CoRe locks on to targets pretty well and gives very specific TDI#s. As JFlynn said, let the machine teach you. Trust it. The "lump" bin seems to vary depending on what part of the country you are in (soil type). Find where yours lumps and ignore that bin. High 90s too, seems to be wrap around.

Dean

I re-read my last post and to want to clarify that, for the most part, yes, all the good targets seem to come in in the 80s but have very specific bins in the 80s. For example. Zinc pennies are 83 some times 82/83 but NEVER 84. Copper pennies 85 sometimes 85/86 but NEVER 84. Quarters 88 sometimes 88/90 NEVER 84. After digging lots of 84s I realized they were ALWAYS junk and if I listened carefully they had different tonal nuances as well. 84 is my machine's trash bin here in my soil. Of course, pull tabs, foil, .22 shells come in much lower and you know that it's trash- or a gold ring- which makes it frustrating because it's harder to walk away from a pull tab or foil # than it is to walk from an 84! Gold rings don't come in in the 80s. I have come to learn to like the lumping and appreciate it for what it is. It is a characteristic of the CoRe that I use to my advantage. Hope this helps.

Dean

Dimes for me are 84-85. Shallow copper pennies can fall in this range, too. Quarters are 88-89. Dug a sterling silver ring with about 30 amethysts that rang at 92-93. Truth is that he only way to know for sure what is there is to dig it. Mixed coins in the same hole can give non-typical VID as can mix of trash and good stuff. You just never know......

Or does the Relic spread out the TID to help identify things easier??

Thanks,
Greg

gregl01 said:
Or does the Relic spread out the TID to help identify things easier??

Thanks,
Greg
My understanding is with the relic they put ferrous at 20 and below rather than 40 and below on the core and red racer. Thereby broadening the middle numbers and targets.

OK That would help some....it is kinda strange all coins are grouped so tightly together on the VDI.... I do like that it separates pennies from dimes, that is a help..... I'm still learning the Fors CoRe but it seems like a great machine with its own language for sure....:super:

Ok i never hunt with the big coil, but i put my 5 in coil on and grabbed a bottle cap. I have never dug one with my machine because i do not dig in the range of 41-64 where it came in on my test. I did notice that if i put my coil within an inch the machine would overload, when i got just above the overload i did get an 70 ish signal but anymore distance up i got variable tdi of 41- 58. It was getting dark so i did not have time to put the big coil on to see if i had a similar problem as you. Try lifting the coil ever higher as you sweep the cap and see if you signal remains steady in the high 80's. I know with the little coil i do not have the problem you showed in your video , it could be your machine.

Another thing I've noticed is that coins on edge will ID all over.....stand a penny in the grass and scan it ....put that in the memory bank.
It pays to dig alot of mixed jumpy signals as that could be goodies hiding near trash or on edge.....

Greg