Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

For those interested, here is a link for the tornado's that went through Arkansas............

Kelley (Texas)

and Tennessee the other day. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nx_nSAB6LWE

a reality to us here in Arkansas. The folks are just now coming out of shock and everyday the news is worse and worse! We ARE getting a shelter. There were so many tornadoes going on at one time, you couldn't keep up with the news statitons!!!!! It was just devatation and reality. A lot of folks on here have never seen one, and this let's them know how real they really are! :( And who ever filmed this had to be squirming, ......just a bit to close for comfort if you ask me! :)

This forum is my first view every morning (when I work dayshift)......about 5 a.m. Sometimes find myself running out the door. Gotta get to a few more as well. Been trying to be in too many places at one time. No excuses. I'm sorry...... because viewing those twisters definitely warranted a response.

I can only imagine what those people go through. We have had windstorms that threaten to topple huge trees on our houses and i got rid of the nearby ones but wind that would pick them up and smash them is horrible!

That is some facinating video.I have had a couple of very close calls and seen several such storms.Several neighbors and friends were badly hurt or killed in one.I was one of the first on the scene and there were so many trees down across roads that we had to pack the injured and dead out on stretchers for quite a distance. I saw some things that day....especially some children...that I hate to remember but will never forget.Tornados terrify me and there is not much else in the world that does

these parts and I'm glad they are. I see all the damage they do on the TV. I'd have a underground shelter for sure. I'm surprised more people now a days don't rebuild with poured concrete. They do one with what looks like leggo blocks with concrete poured in the middle. Very solid homes. Add the rebar and I would think its pretty much like a vault. Might suck the roof off, but the rest should stay. Maybe even pour the top of the building with a steel and concrete deck, then fake roof it.... I hope global warming or climate change don't start putting them in this area. Put them in the in the north pole where no one is in general... How do ya know which way to go at night if you can't see it?

Geo

have a vent pipe of course, and steel doors that bolt from the inside. They are usually set at an angle on a hill side! When we get ours, I will send a photo! :)

if some of the old root cellars they have up there that they used to store veggies in etc would work down that way. would still need a pretty strong door. Guess not much can put up a fight against a 200 mph vacuum passing overhead....

Geo

they built them as shelters, that doubled as root and storage cellars! They are pretty scarey sometimes though! :blink:

veggies buried in them. Not sure if the kids played in them or what but I seem to find quite a few of the old big penny's from the 1800's when I go beeping in them. Gets a little cramped also..... The old dirt cellar floors are good also in the winter up this way.

Geo