Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

For dog lovers...................................:thumbup:

WillyP

A Dog's Purpose (from a 6-year-old)

Being a veterinarian, I had been called to examine a ten-year-old Irish Wolfhound named Belker. The dog's owners, Ron, his wife, Lisa, and their little boy, Shane, were all very attached to Belker and they were hoping for a miracle.

I examined Belker and found he was dying. I told the family we couldn't do anything for Belker and offered to perform the euthanasia procedure for the old dog in their home.

As we made arrangements, Ron and Lisa told me they thought it would be good for six-year-old Shane to observe the procedure. They felt as though Shane might learn something from the experience

The next day, I felt the familiar catch in my throat as Belker's family surrounded him. Shane seemed so calm, petting the old dog for the last time, that I wondered if he understood what was going on. Within a few minutes, Belker slipped peacefully away.

The little boy seemed to accept Belker's transition without any difficulty or confusion. We sat together for a while after Belker's death, wondering aloud about the sad fact that animal lives are shorter than human lives. Shane, who had been listening quietly, piped up, "I know why."
Startled, we all turned to him. What came out of his mouth next stunned me. I'd never heard a more comforting explanation.

He said, "People are born so that they can learn how to live a good life -- like loving everybody all the time and being nice, right?" The six-year-old continued, "Well, dogs already know how to do that, so they don't have to stay as long."

Live simply.
Love generously.
Care deeply.
Speak kindly.

Remember, if a dog was the teacher you would learn things like:

When loved ones come home, always run to greet them.
Never pass up the opportunity to go for a joyride.
Allow the experience of fresh air and the wind in your face to be pure ecstasy.
Take naps.
Stretch before rising.
Run, romp, and play daily.
Thrive on attention and let people touch you.
Avoid biting when a simple growl will do.
On warm days, stop to lie on your back on the grass.
On hot days, drink lots of water and lie under a shady tree.
When you're happy, dance around and wag your entire body.
Delight in the simple joy of a long walk.
Eat with gusto and enthusiasm. Stop when you have had enough.
Be loyal. Never pretend to be something you're not.
If what you want lies buried, dig until you find it.
When someone is having a bad day, be silent, sit close by and nuzzle them gently.

it is not because I don't like them. It has just gotten so dang expensive and they don't fit my lifestyle. I do miss my old dog Speck though

Here is Moose, guarding my daughters,along time ago... [attachment 77265 ScannedImage-14.jpg] Here is Motley, belonged to my daughter;s, growing up...[attachment 77266 ScannedImage-2.jpg] and Sheba, sitting in her usual spot..Captains seat, on my old 1960 Norwalk [attachment 77267 ScannedImage-21.jpg]. She would always be sitting there,except when it got choppy.[attachment 77268 ScannedImage-22.jpg] and i can'y forget Tippy, last one to go..[attachment 77269 ScannedImage-4.jpg] Ya, it hurts to much when they go... But they all had a great life...between riding in cars,or boating, playing with the kids, or just hanging around,waiting for me to come home from work. They were always there for us,and we were there for them.

We had boarded her at out vet's office, and is a bit overweight. When we saw her, we could not believe all the weight she has lost. We all agreed, to keep her off the table scraps, and keep her on a good, high protein dogfood and help her get back to her normal weight. She is eleven years old, and such a counter surfer and chow hound. So, hopefully we might buy her a few more years not being overweight. She is sleeping so sound right now. She had no idea what she had done to deserve being desserted by all of us. I don't think she thought we were coming back. It took us over an hour to get her calmed down. She was is a good place and they treated her very well. BUT........I hope they fed her out of a gold dog dish with what they charged us. Oh well, she is part of the family, and we know her years are not many more here on earth! She loves life, and is so loyal!

Thanks for sharing this with us Bull! :)

n/t

n/t

n/t

An old, tired-looking dog wandered into the yard. I could tell from
his collar and well-fed belly that he had a home.

He followed me into the house, down the hall, and fell asleep in a corner.

An hour later, he went to the door, and I let him out.

The next day he was back, resumed his position in the hall, and slept
for an hour. This continued for several weeks.

Curious, I pinned a note to his collar: "Every afternoon your dog
comes to my house for a nap."

The next day he arrived with a different note pinned to his collar:

"He lives in a home with ten children -- he's trying to catch up on his sleep. Can I come with him tomorrow?"