Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

For Bill In Texas

holey dollar

Bill
Checked out the Vaq with a low Battery,
Volts on Battery out of Machine 6.77 Volts
Volts on Battery in machine Switched on same Battery 6.46 Volts,
Used Battery lower Voltage worked just as well as a brand new Battery(Copper Tops) 9 Volts +.

Hope this Helps
Dave/Holey Dollar

In all metal? That is where I had a issue. It was a copper top. Hey I herd that Tabdog is no longer on the forum, do you know if that is right? Bill in Texas

I hope he's still around. I really enjoy his posts.
BB

Hi There Guys
Not heard Tab is not on the Forum, Hope this is not true, Tabs a Great Guy more than happy to help anyone he can,
Bill yes the Test regards Voltage on the Vaq was done in all metal mode, bottom line is if you have a Battery that tests 7 volts out of the machine and you have a problem with it, you must test the battery in the machine switched on, see what voltage you get then.
Copper tops on the whole are my best buy cost wise,
Tell you what will happen, soon the battery's will be made in China, then quality goes out the door, same thing with my Shaffer Pen Refills, refills made in the USA had no probs at all, then they started leaking, bet you cant guess Bill were the Refills are now made ???.

Take Care
Dave Holley Dollar

I don't advertise for different companies, but the batteries that I use come 8 to a snap lock pack and cost about 8 dollars. Yep that is right, one dollar each. I can tell very little difference in how long they last compared to the name brands. The package says "Made in the USA" right on it. Oh and buy the way I just bought a 8 pack (name brand on sale) at Lowe's for $8.95, and they appear to be the same package with a different name on it. I do like the "Copper Tops" the best, but the cheapest I can find them is about six dollars for a package of two here where I live. I do check the batteries in and out of the detector. I do think that one battery was giving me a problem (it was a Copper Top]). after I replaced it in the V, I have had no more problems. Tab has wrote me a note and told me that he was Gone. I will miss him much. The Tesoro forum just will not be the same without him!!!!!!! Bill In Texas

Google "discount 9 volt batteries" and there are a couple of firms that pop up near the top of the search that offer packages of 8 or 12 of the copper top and bunny that keeps going batteries that you can get for under $1.50 per battery including the shipping. I usually order about 24 at a time. That changes the smoke detector batteries and pretty much gets me through the hunting season as far as the 9 volts go.

I too will miss Tabdog's posts.
tvr