Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

For all you folks in the hot zones of the USA, This might

George-CT

help cool you down some. Took this past winter at my son's place at the lake. Frozen solid and it was about 10 degree's. Knowing there is more of this ahead in about 4 months, I'll take the heat now. I have a lot of wood down, just needs to be split and my daughter is coming up the end of the month with a male friend of hers, who said he likes to split wood. Bet he will never mention that again....!!!! Splitter fueled waiting for him.

Second pic was first storm last year....

UPDATE on my son.

Really appreciate all the emails etc. Tough times for sure, but we will survive it. My son George and Swatie and Devin left Sunday for 3 or 4 days in New Hampshire mountains at a resort. Close by are Story land, Santa Land, Clark's Bear farm and the Polar Caves for them to enjoy and explore. Anything to get there mind off what has happen even if for only a short period. Devin doesn't understand where his sister is and why she isn't there. So they are working on trying to somehow put it all in prospective for him at age 4.5 and as they do, for them. Tell ya, I never felt so useless in my life as not being able to take away the pain I saw in their faces. By the same token, I was never more impressed as how they handled it all and kept marching forward even when they knew how it would turn out. Their strength renewed my strength.

The rest is time. Again, appreciate all your kind thoughts.

George-CT

I sat on the deck last night I was thinking that soon all this beautiful weather will be over and the howling of the winter winds will take its place

Today is the hottest day of the year here with temps over 100 along with high humidity.I have some outside work that I have to finish and it is rough!Funny,I don't remember the heat bothering me as a kid and in those days we had never seen a air conditioner!That snow looks pretty good to me!

I can't imagine the sorrow you and your family are still going through.I have never walked in those shoes (child,grandchild) and frankly don't know if I could survive it.You all are still in my thoughts and prayers every day

And I echo Dan's sentiments as well George. That's more pain than any person should ever have to bear. I pray that you all find tremendous peace. God bless,

Rob

I tell you, buying that wood splitter was one of the best things I ever did. Alice can hardly wait to get large rounds so she can make them fireplace size> :)

We keep the water pump on for 4-5 hours a day. At least our yard is looking green!Grren does not burn [or lawns anyway] And the garden is to die for. Meanwhile, I do hate this hot , dry, windy weather.

Calm seas

Mikie

I did it by hand way to long before I broke down and sprung for a hydraulic one. Everyone one that comes like to do it for awhile. In the fall I just pull it with the quad to the next bunch of wood I have down and they jump all over it. I have another electric on in the house so when I bring it in, I can split it smaller for easy starting or just to burn small hot fires in the early part of the year. Keeps the chimney a lot cleaner for sure.

Here is a shot of my splitter. It has a 12 hp B&S engine on it. Does a good job. I look forward to October, with the leaves all dropping, lots of color in the woods, the smells, all the animals all fat and ready for winter. And here I am splitting up these natures solar cells to burn. Usually red oak, or maple, some hickory, lot of yellow birch, birch just because I hate them on the property. All the white birch in this areas died off. Lot of pine and hemlock but no one burns that here. Everyone wants the hardwoods.

Here is my old International tractor I use to drag a lot of it out.

George-CT

some on here! We have never had the need for a snow blower ever! George, I'm glad your son and his family took a trip, it will be good for him! Just wanted to let you know you and they have been on my mind a lot since your sad news. The good news is that Agatha is healthy and happy with our Heavenly Father and an angel! But I agree, the sorrow and hurt you feel not only for the loss of your granddaughter is triple here on earth having to watch YOUR child suffer. All you can do is be their for them, listen, and support them as best you can! Little boys, no matter how old, are still our little boys, and they cling to the words of their parents. Don't feel helpless, just draw on your strenghts and I pray that God will somehow bring some guidance in helping you all heal. God Bless you all, Sunny

on that mining accident, and didn't even know where it occurred. Still said a prayer that it was no where around you! It relieved me to see you are still among us! :cheekkiss: