Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

For all of you who like exploring with maps. this program

George-CT

does a great job. Once you type in street address and state, click on to Birds Eye view. Then zoom it in. Very detailed. About the best of the free ones I've seen yet. The birds eye really does great here, even showing the rock walls.

Check it out at http://maps.live.com/

Not all areas seem to offer the birds eye view.

George-CT

here is another site for maps I posted on my Forum with old maps that go WAY back for some history lessons for your area.

www.davidrumsey.com

and yet another:

http://www.historicmapworks.com/

I found a school close to me thats long gone that I knew nothing about. Its a hay field right now. Pretty sure they will let me detect it.
Thanks for tip on old maps. I am finding that one I posted seems to favor the east coast for birds eye stuff, but not all of it.... If it has it, its very good. Geo

type in your address it will in the upper right of the picture. Usually if its not it will put a box up saying so. That really is a detailed feature if its there. I was surprised it was not available in Key West. I have a lot of friends there and it would not pull up any of it and much of the east coast beaches. A lot of times you can see the ship wrecks from high up. Google Earth shows them up also. If you go to Pearl harbor it shows those still. We use it for tracking our horse trails. We Take the GPS and put it in tracking mode. Then come home and upload it to the pc and it does and overlay of the map with the entire trail marked about every 4 feet. Useful in a big batch of woods where your not able to see the trails due to tree cover. I use it as a speedometer also on my quad. Works great. Very usefull tooll once you learn all the buttons on them.

Geo

it is amazing what you will learn from a man

much better than the other. Google Earth does Linda's home better but this program does our place up here better. Funny thing though, this program shows our driveway as a short road :D

n/t