Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Foot Wear on the Beach.........

leefields

let me explain quick...i am a little bit new to this...

no shoes...no socks....sunburned to blisters
sneaks and socks....fill with sand in a minute
dive booties...ankle blisters

ok so i went and got some sandal types from walmarts...straps over the top of your foot and behind the ankle...sand gets under these straps and wears skin like sandpaper...3 days now have not been able to put on sneaks...maybe water on beach was dirty...peroxide baths and anti-biotics...there has got to be an easier way

i guess barefoot is the only way...

Invest in a pair of Birkenstock water sandals......no blisters or cuts. Sturdy and very well constructed. Croakies makes an excellent pair too.......Neither are cheap, but after all if your feet aren't comfortable the whole day is wasted.

I buy the ones with the thicker, rubber soles. It protects the bottom of my feet when I step down on my scoop to retrieve a target. Mine also have velcro straps to secure the tops ( about calf length ) so I don't get a lot of sand filling up my boots. Go to your local dive shop for different styles or you can find them on Flea-bay, where I got my last pair.

therick

Model DS-2700. They have soles like tennis shoes and keep the sand out. You'll wish you had them the first time you step on a nail, broken glass or a corroded aluminum can.

When they start stinking (which is the only problem I have) get some enzyme cleaner, soak em, and they smell fresh as daisies.

When the water isn't cold, I wear socks under the sandals. When I started out last summer, I went through the same problems. The sand really sanded down my feet. Socks under the sandals looks funny, but it sure was comfortable for my feet.

Wesbeach

When the water is warm I wear my Chacos. Vibram sole that gives tons of support and protection from sharp glass and needles. Extra wide straps that I can snug down without getting a lot of rubbing against my foot. You do get a strange looking sun tan on your foot but I can live with that, especially if I am finding lots of gold.
Once the water gets cool I switch to dive boots and I have extra long legs on my wetsuit that I run over the top of the dive boots to keep the sand out.

Works for Me,

BDA:cool:

Water here tends to be cold, so gotta keep your feet dry or I get toe craps. Home Depot rubber work boots solved my problem. I can wade up to 6" of water and keep my toes warm and dry. Of course you gotta watch out for waves or they get swamped.

Kamik%20Boots.jpg

I have always used pool shoes (slippers) and have no problem with walking on beach,shells, etc. Can probably be found at Walmart for about $9-10. Norm