Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Foolishness of the Cross

Thats an interesting comparison Martin, I appreciate the authors effort to make the link, but for me his thought angle does not do justice to either us or our Lord...makes what we do and what He did seem like a trifling pastime wandering along leisurely in shorts and crocs with no rhyme or reason or focus....:shrug:

Early morning beachhunters and soul searchers/savers have a lot in common, spiritually speaking, this is NOT a hobby or anything to be taken lightly, we are called to it, cant help ourselves,...we get up early and cover an immense amount of ground on the hunt for the wreckage and loss of Humanity, hoping to perhaps save a 'find' or two before the 'evil one' gets out with the Bigfoot...in that aspect, we truly are dedicated 'searchers for the lost'..Fishers of Men perhaps...imbued with the exact same mindset and drive our Lord had when he was hunting for us...good thing too...The 'evil one' easily snaps up all kinds of soul loot by 10 am daily, and has for thousands of years, so he has a leg up on us as far as experience...Only a few souls ever get saved by the 'early risers'...y'all know this is true....sure we are all poor instruments, but at least we are early risers and make the effort! A fellow has to be out and in it and ready to make the save if possible, and every once in a while, we do...

A guy cant help but thinking about the 'Footprints in the Sand' poem or something similar when working a beach early of a morning...Time, Gold, and Souls are all time sensitive and precious targets, a fellow has to be out in the World to find all three, none of them are sitting around in the living room...gotta be out with the right gear and sensitivity and discrimination...very strange that what we detectorists consider a 'pastime or hobby' develops and enhances the same skills required on the hunt for lost souls too...when I come across a coyotes fresh track on the beach, it gives a fellow pause, a fast, deft and quick predator was running this stretch already..strange spiritual dynamic with great similarities on the hunt for souls...

One thing spiritually speaking, a guy dont ever want to run afoul of the 'big evil' in the early dark without being covered by the blood of the Lamb!...and a guy dont want to get into this 'lost soul' hunting as a hobby or an innocent diversion or sport!...Its dangerous! Best stick to hunting totlots for pennies, by that I mean singing hymns and popping coins in the collection basket, safe stuff there!...

Dont run afoul of the 'big evil' hunting lost souls if you dont have some heavy backing out there all alone in the dark...none of us are up to it, and are weak instruments at best ...The 'big evil' dont like claim jumpers any more than we do...dont think the 'Big E' exists? go ahead and try to save a soul and snipe a 'find' off his beach with your own strength one time..Praise Jesus!..keep me safe dear Lord! ....(I almost wish I hadnt written this down and posted its such a serious and dangerous deal) Still, I'll get up tomorrow and go out like normal, Lord willing...I may be all he has in this little area to work with, and a dull knife is better than none..
Mud

Hello Mud,
I can appreciate where you're coming from and want you to know that this is not part of my normal postings but may brings others closer to Christ. If it does that, then it will have been worth all the effort.

Well said...thats what its all about in the end...all that really matters...:thumbup:
Mud

n/t

n/t

Lots of people who watch the treasure hunters walking and then digging to find maybe just a corroded penny think we are foolish...just like many of us think golfers, fishers and joggers are foolish but there is something good out of doing all of these by enjoying the outdoors and being happy in what we do, even if there is lots of expense and work in whatever we choose to do as a hobby, business or fun! Some make lots of money when it is a profession while others just enjoy the pastime! Now when we read, study the Bible and answer His calling us unto Himself to have everlasting life is not only enjoyment by choosing to have the guidance of God's Holy Spirit keeping us through prayer going the right way with treasures laid up in Heaven for us, because where our heart is there are treasures are also, we have protection and provision by following in Jesus' footstep and living like He lives! The Bible holds many treasures to seek and find by the reading of God's Word and worshiping and obeying, Jesus, in everything we do in His love, grace and mercy! So, by acknowledging and believing in His virgin birth, death and resurrection we are His peculiar people and although we look foolish to others by serving and standing up for Him, we have His love and blessings even in the trials we face just like all others for we live in an imperfect world! Serving Jesus is more difficult for those who are truly dedicated to spreading the good news about Jesus as preachers and missionaries called of God to go forth in dangerous lands where they most likely aren't accepted by those who worship and idolize gods who aren't real, for there's only one God and Savior and He is Jesus Christ, the only Son of God Who saves and cleanses us whole through His precious, shed blood upon the cross that we might be saved and with Him forever!

Jesus came willingly to die in our place as He bore stripes for our sin....a brutal beating and lashing of the Roman's whip, so He wasn't foolish and we, who worship, love and obey Him aren't foolish! Anyone who truly believes in Him will not say Christians are foolish, but God says in His Word that those who don't believe in Jesus are fools and they are, for not to believe in Him brings eternal death in torture and torment rather then eternal blessings now and forever by our having believing faith in Him Who gives His own everlasting life by changing our mortality into immortality! Oh, what joy and bliss will the faithful Saints of God have when we see Jesus in all His glory! By saying God's people are foolish is saying Jesus was/is foolish, but they are the foolish ones, so that is the comparisons being told in this message! Amen! God Bless! Ma