Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Flying with a MD - How to insure?

marcoo

I want to take my MD to Seattle with me, but with all the stories about lost luggage and theft by the people who are supposed to be protecting us, I don't want to risk it since the airlines are only liable for a few hundred $$ and my MD costs a heck of a lot more.

How do you deal with this? Any insurance available? Suggestions?

Thanks.

Carry it on as "carry on luggage" in a detector bag and take out the batteries and no digging tools in the bag.

I delivered lost luggage for the airlines years ago and 75% of lost luggage is from people not checking in early enough for the baggage handlers to get your baggage on the right plane. Also some airport codes get confused example is DTW stands for detroit and DFW stands for dallas fort worth. a lot of times when baggage is moving around a handler will mistake the two.Same with other luggage.

That, Sir Steve, is a great idea! Is that how you get your stuff up to Alaska? Now I have to get an MD bag and I've got it made.

I have also found out that you can by trip insurance that will cover baggage up to $1,000 thru travelinsured.com. Comes with a lot of other good stuff like medical, missed connections etc. and seems to be reasonable.