Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Flower for Fred

VT Dave

I took this this morning Fred, without macro from a distance of about 1 foot, handheld. Camera is a cheapie Olympus D-370

Dave

Your photos are beautiful! I really do not know how you folks are getting such good photos, sharp and colorful. Say, how about taking a bug photo and posting it? All the bugs around here are laying low for some reason, can't seem to find a decent one to photograph. I have a mason jar on "stand by" in the kitchen so that I can catch one as soon as I spot one. I saw a strange looking beetle type bug yesterday and he went down a crack in the soil between the house foundation and yard. I got the water hose and filled the crack up with water, but the beetle bug never showed himself. A few spiders came up out of the crack, but I did not feel like messing with them because they bite.

Well...after seeing your photos, I guess it is back to the drawing board for me. I am not going to give up on this macro photography thing, sooner or later, I will get a good photo. Thanks for posting the flower pictures, they are good ones! Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

These are certainly not my best efforts, I can get much better pics with my Nikon 35mm SLR, but I have to wait to get them developed. With the digital, I can usually see pretty quick if I got what I wanted in the frame. The Olympus is only a 1.2 MP camera, so the resolution suffers a little bit. Still, it's good for quick snaps. The flower is a "double pink" Hibiscus that is about 6 years old in a planter. Goes inside for winter and back out in summer.

Dave