Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

fist big day with quattro results

arma

Hi all
Well i had my first big day out with the Quattro and found numerous things like 2 spoon handles, a georgian copper, an odd looking knob or some type of bell,5 buttons and some shotgun shells. I was with my friend who has the Ace 250 and he found a few buttons etc. We both commented on the lack of anything in the ground even iron ! The ground also has been baked dry by the recent hot spell, so maybe that would affect depth and finds. All in all i think i had a pretty good day out and am still learning the machine. Pinpointing was a problem at the beginning of the day but towards the end of the session i was getting better. I found that for shallow targets that give a good signal both ways it was easier to do the wiggle and pass the coil repeatedly over the target whilst drawing the coil back towards you, when the signals stopped make a note where the tip of the coil was then walk round to the side and do it again. On deeper things providing there was no iron or anything alse to close to it, i used the pinpoint button and tried it like that with some success. Its all a learning curve and part of the fun
A few questions i would like some more knoweledgeable folks to answer are, sometimes i got a signal with a low followed imediately by a high signal almost as it it was a two tone tone chirrup sound these seemed very hard to zero in on, should i dig these signals of just stick to the solid easy ones ?