Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fiskars Softtouch Aluminum Trowel Field Test

I own one. Walmart. 3 bucks. I use it at bark chip and sandy play areas where my Lesche Digging Tool freaks some mothers out.

Funny post, though!

Chris

I dont think Ive ever seen one of these small shovels hold up when the ground gets tough. You can get good digging tools but they are a lot costlier. I have one called a gator which is a large grip handle with an offset shraded blade. These sell for around 35 bucks plus ship and handling. It comes w/ a lifetime waranty. I put mine through heck and managed to bend the blade prying on a rock but was able to straighten it and its been tough as nails since. All these small shovels are just too thin and lightweight. A small pick hammer works for hard ground but whatever you find will probably have a pick mark. The minature shovel is what I use for relic hunting.

Ken (Trenton Ont) I've used one of these diggers since last year and like it. I've sharpened the tip ,this has really helped for penetration in the soil.

I use it to pry out pop can ,rocks ,and pieces of metal Also made in China. Must be one of their better ones:shocked:.

I never use a trowel made of metal. I bought a cheap Ace trowel that looks alot like the Fiskars
cheapo trowel. I'd recommend you get that. They don't breal at least not in my experience.
RR

I have one of those knives. Great for when the going is tough.
For the Parks and Sports fields I use a good old serrated 6inch BIG steak knife.
Yup. Cuts through the soft ground like butter but don't use it to pry the ground open. I use the small plastic
hand spade/trowel to pry back the plug. In the summer when the ground its really hard I switch back to the
BIG knife like you have. I shop at the Dollar Tree and buy two kknives for a dollar. After awhile they will snap
on you so yea you have to be careful.
RR

Or a very least edit! I think you only have a short time, though. I read your post and I read break. We tend to read what we expect to read.

Chris

what the heck were you digging rocks.it says aluminum on the card not steel.that thing was made for easy digging,fiskars makes a heavy duty one for about that price.i use mineto pry rocks and everything no problem.no trying to be mean or anything but it does say ALUMINUM try their heavy duty one you won't be disappointed just opinion