Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fishing vessel / equipment , similar to "The Perfect Storm" vessel, and out of the same port, Gloucester!

Ron J

Never fished or used any equipment like this,but appears you better be awake,and know what what to do,and where to be at the right times.

That's my brother-in-laws home place. His retired brother refurbished an old tugboat a few yrs. back that they use for lobster season. The son-of-a-gun makes good money doing it too. They've invited us out to give it a whirl anytime we'd like. One of these days I might take him up on it. Just to experience it. I've never been aboard a vessel in salt waters........anywhere !:)

There is rust everywhere. I don't think I would want to go very far out to sea on that thing with the condition it is in.

I looked at the houses on the hill side that are in the back ground and wondered about the folks living in them. I assume that most of those folks are involved in making a living in some manner or other in commercial fishing and things associated with commercial fishing. I have come to the opinion that someone could take a long vacation up there and never scratch the surface in learning all there is about this life style. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

I sure would make sure that it was not during the stormy season. I will never forget that perfect thunderstorm movie or even that movie years ago where the big ocean liner got turned upside down by a large tital wave.

Rob, are the lobsters the type that they sell at the seafood cafes down here in Texas? I hear tell that their claws can snap a finger off in a second if you are careless in handling them. I do know first hand that the small crabs down along the Texas coast will inflict a nasty cut if you try to catch one with your bare hands. I kinda think it would be neat to go on a boat vacation up there. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

that they could give a good grip,similar to pliers. If you decide to eat Lobster,at a local restaurant,always find out if its WARM water Lobster,(such as from Florida) or COLD water Lobster,from northern states or Canada. The Warm water Lobster is extremely salty,and i would not buy it. Maybe i just spoiled.When i was a kid,Dad had a Lobster boat,and we ate Lobster,crabs,Flounder etc.,like it was Baloney!

One of my brothers went out there last summer and spent a few of his days going out on the boat with them. He enjoyed it but said it was hard work. Leave dock at 4:30 a.m. and return late afternoon. They ship their lobsters to many different places but sold a lot of them to local restaurants too. They even have a set-up where they cook some and sell them to tourists, chowder and/or whole. I'd love to take the trip but I'd much prefer to whale watch or something of that nature. I just don't think I'd be comfortable trying to work a job on the water where I really didn't know what I was doing.

been on a boat either. Thinking about a cruise around September, Scott's 50th birthday. Don't know if that will come to pass....we'll see. :)

eaten it all my life, that along with shrimp and crab.....then all of a sudden I ate crab soup and ended up in the hospital! So,.....now when everyone eats out in Florida, I have to eat fish or steak! I still love it, but it's not worth dying over! :(

n/t