Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fishing off Vancouver Island the hard way............

Wayne in BC

One of my guide friends took this pic of Cliff and i a couple days back just as the sun was setting. His camera is not very good but if ya havent got Royal around:shrug:
We were roughing it as you can see on that lovely evening and had just landed a couple 20ish lb Salmon. Cliff's boat is a 31 ft x 10'6 Welded Aluminum, twin 225 Yamaha's. Fully equipped for liveaboard
with standup shower, full galley, fridge/freezer, diesel stove and furnace, onboard generator and full electronics, 30 mile radar etc. Lots of room below deck with the outboard power.
It also eats 16 gallons an hour at cruising speed (30 knots) with a top speed of 48 knots. I could not afford fuel for that sweetie let alone the 1/4 mil pricetag:stars:
We were about a half mile off the Big Qualicum river and only a few miles from home.

Big too! I would love to catch a Salmon one of these days....so different from the catfish we catch around here. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

n/t

either. That looks like it has twin outboards, am I right? They are sure expensive to run. How deep was the water> the downriggers look like they are running deep.

Nice boat!

when you returned home.:lol: Where do people get that kind of money for a dang boat you spoiled brat ??:smoke:

Lots of rich, really hard up, ugly wimmins on the island:buds:

Looks to be a fine diving platform, Wayne.. When he needs a diver, let me know :D:

calm seas

Mikie

That is a calm day for sure. Sounds like you had a blast aand fishing was good.

n/t

With those rods bent over like they are I'm hoping doubles online. With those flat calm waters, you could sure run it flat out in that.

Great shot. George-CT

only 40 ft and the downriggers are set at 22 ft, typical for Salmon staging near their spawning river at this time of year. We release those who have darkened up and keep only a few
fresh clean fish. Winter, spring and summer in this area we fish as deep as 200+ feet and the downriggers need to be out nearly 300 ft with 15 lb balls to get down there!
I would sell my body but all the recalls scare off even the really desperate ones:razz:

Not too often Mike and the past couple weeks have been exceptional! Figured you would notice that:bouncy:
The scenery right behind us includes tiny Flora Island, just off the tip of Hornby Island some 5 miles away, the only place they dive to see the rare Six Gill Shark in fairly shallow water!
That boat is too wide and needs an annual permit (400 hundred bucks!) to be trailored.

he retired and sold his large trucking business. I look after his summer home here and this one of the perks. Plus the fact that we were buds for so many years and he did not divorce me:lol:

often be just as happy setting on a bank and drowning worms for Catfish. Fishing is always good, catching is poor sometimes though:)

welded aluminum is the first choice of those who can afford it out here. Little or no maintenance, compartmentised, sealed and foamed they are nearly unsinkable if done right and require less power because of the lighter hull weight. They do go through zincs faster than conventional hulls though.