Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fisher F75 or Minelab SE...which one should I buy?

Brainwasher

I am planning to purchase a new metal detector after Christmas this year and have narrowed it down to two. I am hoping I can maybe get some advice from this forum from people who are familiar with both the Minelab SE and the Fisher F75. I primarily hunt for coins and relics and heavily pounded areas. I'll probably be using it mostly in Colorado, Ohio, and Kentucky, but if I ever get some beach vacation, I would like to be able to at least try it some there, and maybe a little bit of prospecting too, but mostly old coins and relics in hunted out areas. Depth is important factor to me. Mostly looking for some pros and cons of each to consider. I have both owners manuals, but I would really like to hear from some users to help me make my decision. Thanks for your help. Jeff

Although I don't have an SE I do have 2 EX2's and an F-75. As long as you are not bothered by electrical inteference the F-75 is tops. If I were you I would buy a New F-75 and a used EX2. I have been pulling some very nice deep coins in areas where I know has been hunted with EX2 & SE & CZ20
The coins below were found in a pretty small area and all were next to or under trash & all over 9 inches deep on a recent trip to upstate NY. Will I get rid of my EX2's-no but the F-75 is now my go to machine

Hallo You!
Please wath better? -I have saled my SE bekause he is too heavy vor me,wath weight in "kg".have the F75 with Battery,Displaycover and the Cover for the Batteries.Or an X-Terra 70 ?
Best Regardes from Austria.
Heimo:cheers:

BUY THE EXPLORER SE ITS THE BEST OUT THERE I HAVE HAD IT FOR OVER A YEAR AND ITS THE BEST DEEP IDING DETECTOR OUT THERE.MY FREIND RICH HAS A F75 AND I FIND MORE TARGETS THAN HE DOES.THE F75 IS TO NOISEY IT CAN;T ID DEEP TARGETS AS GOOD.HE GOT A EXPLORER SE NOW AND LOVES IT.:minelab: