Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fisher F75 or Minelab SE...What to buy?

Brainwasher

I am planning to purchase a new metal detector after Christmas this year and have narrowed it down to two. I am hoping I can maybe get some advice from this forum from people who are familiar with both the Minelab SE and the Fisher F75. I primarily hunt for coins and relics and heavily pounded areas. I'll probably be using it mostly in Colorado, Ohio, and Kentucky, but if I ever get some beach vacation, I would like to be able to at least try it some there, and maybe a little bit of prospecting too, but mostly old coins and relics in hunted out areas. Depth is important factor to me. Also, when I hunt, I like to hunt the entire day, so I'm a little interested in how fatiguing the Minelab is if used all day. Thanks for your help. Jeff

I have both and the SE is a better machine by far. However, the SE is heavier than the F75, so if weight is an issue, you may want the F75. There are 20 coils available for the SE, took Fisher a year to come out with just one. The manual on the F75 specifically says it's not really a beach machine, my SE loved the beach, including the shallow surf, don't get the control box wet. You can get a X-1 Sun Ray probe for the SE right now, you may have to wait some for the probe to be available for the F75 as it's almost out of production. The learning curve on the SE is longer but once you get through it, you are going to dig stuff, in places, just about no other machine can find. Lastly, there is no comparison between the two in quality, the SE is a much higher quality unit. But the F75 is 300 bucks less.