Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fisher F70

Canman

Well its time for a upgrade .I love the Tesoro's , but I sure have been looking a lot at the FISHER F70 .I'm stuck between the Vaquero and the F70 any help would be be great.I mostly hunt for coins.Parks and old sites.With the Tesoro I have to turn the disc up to keep from digging so much trash and I fill like I could lower the disc and use a display machine to weed out the trash and still find the good stuff on the lower end of the scale.Thanks

Id or no id, if you ignore all the trash signals you do so at your own peril. If I had ignored the iron signals I would have missed 2 beautiful cannister shots and a broken bayonet. If I ignored all the pulltabs, I would have missed at least a couple of gold rings. The f70 will do you proud but you still have to get to know the machine. Good luck with your choice.

I loved my F70 but I still dug a lot of trash. I usually, said to myself, this is trash, but I dug it anyway to make sure. The F70 is super light, good on batteries, and especially with the small coil pinpoints perfectly. I hit a pre 1900 quarter at over 8 inches with the small coil. I occasionally went clad hunting and always came back with 2.00 or 3.00 bucks in clad. Usually, even when clad hunting I came up with at least one silver or piece of jewelry. Let us know what you decide to do.

HH, Don

Ive never used a Tesoro, but also love the F70. Only thing I might add is to purchase the large DD coil too.

Been very happy with your old F70 Aaron, it did me right last fall, turning up some silver and IH's, a couple V's and a shield. But where I really liked it was getting small items at depth, wow, it's a monster on them. Still haven't broke a 10" good target out of the ground with it, but I'm a relative newby to this type of machine so this spring will it will happen. Got a nice '26 SLQ at 8" and it was a little slanted in hard-packed trail dirt but it locked in a solid 88 read and didn't bounce.

My only complaint is the rear-end headphone connector, broke a few connections because I hunt in a lot of buckthorn and bramble stuff. Thick underbrush is a killer on headphones.

Hello Don,

Just wondering what your experience has been with the ID'ing of targets with the F70 5" DD vs the factory stock concentric. I'm noticing that with the stock coil onboard there is a decent ID provided. However, the 5" seems to be a bit more scattered on correctly ID'ing. Just my observations so far with the 5" after 2 weeks with it. Do you make any significant change to Sens or Desc with the 5"? I have read were some folks have good success running it "hotter" and I am wondering if that is affecting the ID.

Thanks,

FB