Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fisher F2 vs Fisher Excel ?????????

barberx

I know the F2 is pretty new, but $199 w 2 coils is awful cheap ! In everyones opinion that has used one- are they really Fishers like the Excel or just a Bounty hunter in disguise ?? Is there a realistic field test posted anywhere ?? I'm just a park hunter thats coming back to hobby, but the Excel I had made me DIG and almost never lied.
Richard TX

Well, your right. It IS really inexpensive and it MAY
be cheaply made too. I haven't used the F2 yet so I can't say.
I suspect the low cost is Fishers attempt to regain some of
it's lost revenue due to Garretts Ace 250 popularity. In
an attempt to produce a good detector, Fisher appears to have
(may have) cut corners. The coils look very flimsy, but if they
get the depth thats been reported, so what? From the reports
I have read I think I personally want to take a just wait and see
attitude. I have this nagging feeling that the Ace may still
come out the winner and besides, its still one of the best low
priced detectors out there.

Robert R:detecting:

I agree with Jack.The Excel is a great metal detector.I would class this metal detector with a lot of the upper end models.