Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fisher CZ-6 Owners Finds

Heeluver

Hi: Just bought a Fisher CZ-6 recently and would love to hear from people that own one and what they have found with it. Thanks for your feedback, Dan

Over the last 15-16 years my best jewelry find is a turn of the century 14kt party ring with 16 diamonds on land. As far as coins go lost count of my finds but a 1794 large cent, 1781 Realle, and 1825 English quarter and 1700's Chinese coin come to mind..Pro's, user friendly and may be the deepest unit on the planet coil for coil, Cons does like deep rusty nails, easily masked so going slow is recommended, right now my CZ6A is certainly out of warranty and costs and abilities to fix with the new merger is a factor.
However on the bright side my repairs have been far and few between over the years. For newbies and oldbies alike Google Mikes CZ page as it has a lot of tips for CZ owners and should be called a CZ's bible..
Certainly itching to try one of the new Fishers F models but why fix what ain't broke keeps running thru my mind..

I have all the CZ's ,but unlike you I have spent to much money trying the new 1000 dollar units and I always go back to my CZ's, I thought I had to try the new units.All I did was waste my money.

Everett, I have also spent too much money on upper end units and not get the performance of the CZ.

i use a CZ6a (i'm in england)
i keep thinking of trying a new machine but i'm also sooo comfy with what the CZ is telling me that i never go ahead and buy another machine.
here is some of the stuff it has found me.
goldcoin161007004.jpg

goldcoin161007005.jpg

14-10-06001.jpg

14-10-06002.jpg

20-10-06001.jpg

20-10-06002.jpg

04012008011.jpg

04012008007.jpg

i think i'll stick with the CZ.
i know i'd miss it too much.
(the gold guinea coin won coin find of the year at my detecting club)

I've got an opportunity to buy a hammered cz-6 for $150 and wonder if I should risk the $'s.

It's ugly, and has been flogged...

So far, I've determined it will power up, but have not verified any functions.

Open to advice...

n/t

If the CZ works it is a heck of a deal. I bought one from Dan a couple of years back and I found over a 100 deep silver coins with it in one short season. If you do buy it, don't hesitate to ask for advice. I know how to make it sing and there are many more on this forum to help you. A great detector still! R.L.

Thanks Shaunyboy: Those are some awsome finds wow cant wait till spring to try out my CZ-6. Lots of snow here now and this weekend is suppose to be -15 sucks but heard that CZ's are great so I bought one a guy barely used. Im real excited about this machine. God your coins are worth some bucks wow only 1800's coins here in wisconsin. Thanks again, Dan

Thanks RL.
It's been years since I used a fisher, other than my 1280x.
Will need much help!
Will try some coin airtests with it tomorrow.
I'm real concerned because it's so ugly.
Never be able to clean it up to re-sell.
I guess all scratched up means the fellow used it a lot, for a long time.
That MUST mean it WAS a good one!
Thanks, Rich
Wish I could find some of those awesome british coins!!!