Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fisher 1280-X Aquanaut VS beach hunter ID

I own a BeachHunter ID and borrowed a Fisher 1280X when my BeachHunter had to go in for repair. The "falsing" and the weight of the Fisher 1280X both combined to convince me that the BeachHunter ID is a better machine.
When my BeachHunter went to the shop for repair a 2nd time I bought a HeadHunter PI. It's now my primary machine. White's sent me a brand new BeachHunter ID to replace the one I originally purchased. White's service is outstanding!! I love the HeadHunter so much that I have yet to take my new BeachHunter out of the box.
One thing for sure...The 1280X is better in wet sand and its ability to pinpoint targets amazed me.

thanks guys, I already have a beach maganet, I got from Kellyco, and want to upgrade, so will be trading it in soon for better machine. The beach magney air tests at only 1-2 inches, not good if you want a deep detector right?

The beach maganet did find a piece of very old silver bracelet at corrigans wreck at the turtle trail beach access. perhaps from the 1715 shipwrecks

also I found a big piece of lead at the john brooks park in port st. lucie....has anyone else found pieces of soft lead here, could it ballast from the shipwrecks?

well didn't find much, cause hubby was taking forever to get ready and had to drive from orlando, so got there really late and beach was search but they missed the piece of silver bracelet.

attached is the piece of silver bracelet not cleaned yet, sorry the picture is not that good, I tried! :) It's not the best first good find, but hey it's a start and everyone has to start somewhere huh?
[attachment 39185 Picture779.JPG]
[attachment 39186 Picture774.jpg]

krissy

White lead was used to seal parts of the hull on the old wooden ships. I live and hunt in Bermuda a mile from the old British Naval Yard and I find a lot of lead bits vitually every time I hunt these areas. Lead is heavy but has the benefit of not rusting away so it was used extensively on the old wooden vessels. A lot of copper sheathing was also used from the 1600's onwards as it kept the toredo worms from boring into the wooden hulls, sort of like an old time antifouling. Most of the copper will have oxidized away by now from a 1715 wreck but I still find bits of copper sheathing from more recent wrecks here.
Hope you find some spanish silver in your scoop.

Cheers,

BDA:cool:
Excal 1000

well this is grey lead and looks as if it was used for something at one time, at first thought it was silver they way the sun was hitting it, but then later looked better and realized it was too soft to be silver and is lead instead. I didn't find this on the beach I found it near the bathroom at the park down the road from john brooks park in about 6 inches deep. Didn't have time to look for more and headed back out to the beach. I found the lead with my crapy old bounty hunter too. :)

krissy