Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fisher 1270 vs. Tesoro Tejon

Arch Stanton

I'm seriously considering one of these two detectors. Does anyone have an opinion of which for do better for relics and old coins in mineralized soil where there is a lot of old square nails and other trash? Which would be a deeper sinking detector? Also, is the manual ground balance carried over to the discriminate mode? Thanks in advance for any help. HH.

Any comments on the Fisher 1270? Does it handle mineralization well? I mainly hunt for relics and coins in trashy areas with a lot of nails and other trash. Thank you.

The 1270 will perform very well in the nastiest of mineralized ground.

The manual ground balance works in All Metal mode only. In discriminate mode, it's fixed. This is not a problem in discriminate mode. It handle the tough mineralization quite well this way.

When the ground is really bad, hunting in discriminate mode is near imposable with any detector. If one has the need to shift to manual GB, most likely you will find it's too hot for running in the discriminate mode.

1270 is the way to go.

Freddie

I used the 1270 at Brandy Station, VA. which is well known as one of the worst red clay soils anywhere!
The manual ground balance solved that, & I did well with lots of Civil War goodies. Hear the tejon won't run in bad ground, & see there's a huge difference in build quailty too. The 1270 is built to last....every Tejon around here has duct tape on the battery door among other things....
There are plenty of 1270's out there with lifetime warrantee's.

plastic,plastic!..everywhere!.yikes!

Although I have a Fisher F4 on the way, I will stick up for Tesoro any day of the week - they make great detectors and they are a great company that stands behind their products. I have owned a Silver uMax and a Cibola and never encountered any problems at all. Who else besides Tesoro can say they give you a lifetime warranty & actually stand behind their words. I know that Fisher/Garrett/Minelab/White's/ all make good products - I wouldn't "bash" any of them. Boils down to the Ford - Chevy thing, I might like Ford you might like Chevy, they are both good. It all depends on what you like & what ever works best for you. Steve.

[size=large]FISHER[/size], that's who.

Fisher had a lifetime warranty also. It was just recently changed.

Speaking about standing behind their words, Tesoro says "Lifetime to original purchaser only" . You forgot to mention that in your post.

Freddie

[quote sflblack]
[size=large]FISHER[/size], that's who.

Fisher had a lifetime warranty also. It was just recently changed.

Speaking about standing behind their words, Tesoro says "Lifetime to original purchaser only" . You forgot to mention that in your post.

Freddie[/quote]
I don't want anyone to think that I am saying that Tesoro is better than Fisher, just stating what I feel about the one's I have had. Also I have heard numerous times from alot of folks that got a Tesoro off eBay or used from someone else and when sent to Tesoro for repair - there was no charge. It is very uncommon to have to repair a Tesoro unit if treated right. I will be very happy if the F4 I have comming is as good as the Tesoro's I have had. But I think it will be, I can't wait to get it. Steve.

bill!..bill!..bill!
not to worry!he's just a whining loser tryin' to make a splash!...
we all know that,but you disrespect yourself too!..by playing his game!..please do not embarrass yourself,and destroy your credibility as well!