Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

fisher 1266x - Super power ???

Prymek7

hi
Take a look on my tests :

disc. 5 - sens. push in 15 o'clock - 10.5cal coil

dime - 13 cal ( 33cm )
5cents -13.5cal ( 34cm)
25cents - 15cal (38cm)
half - 16cal ( 41cm)
bullet - 15cal (40cm)
musket ball 14cal (35cm

disc. 5 - sens. push in 15 o'clock - 8cal coil

dime - 12.5 cal ( 32cm )
5cents -13cal ( 33cm)
25cents - 14cal (35cm)
half - 14cal ( 36cm)
bullet - 14cal (36cm)
musket ball 12.5cal (32cm

http://youtu.be/_-D1GfuWaMs
http://youtu.be/qjMM8KGwZ3s

You can easliy check it on my films - but tell me it's normal on fisher 1266x ???

hmmm.... i think its "marketing" - but not always newer is better .

I have information the owner my fisher 1266 was a one of main technican fisher firm and this model was tweaked up so please check up yours 1266s and tell me is my 1266 exceptional ???

good test results - and true. I have been using my 1266 for about 18 years now. Cant imagine finding more than I have been. People see them like new cars - who wants last year's model - it must be inferior to the "new" ones, Steve in so az

I beleive the success to the 1266 is the frequency range and power to punch through the soil 4.8khz i think and double disc set up

Agree with you again Jav, same with the 1265X

Prymek7 said:
hmmm.... i think its "marketing" - but not always newer is better .

I have information the owner my fisher 1266 was a one of main technican fisher firm and this model was tweaked up so please check up yours 1266s and tell me is my 1266 exceptional ???

nope, mine is just as good!:thumbup:

Still can't get used to the one tone or the snap crackle and pop but an offer to trade or sell came up short so guess I am going to have to learn a new unit.

Heres a tip if you can find one ...a depthmaster automatic from years ago hooked up to you headphones lets you max the audio of the 1266 plus the audio of your headphones and shallow deep targets don't blow your eardrums and equates to more depth.

Tough to beat 14-15 inches on a quarter with the stock 8 inch coil even with the newest and most expensive units out there with larger coils....now I know why many relic hunters out there swear by them and many coin hunters get the deepies others miss.

Ok Dan your 100% correctand I still have one in my garage used to use it on my Silver Sabre and 555-D so I'm going to clean the garage till I find it..

One thing to keep in mind about the 1266 is that high discrimination settings will effect depth (less depth) as much or more than low sensitivity settings will.
In other words for max depth run the disc just above small iron (lower numbers)
Run the sensitivity just below the internal circuit noise (very little snap-crackle-pop) and it really goes deep on coins.

Fisher overcome the depth loss at high disc settings with the 1270.

Mark

I have a chance to trade my Teknetics Delta with 8 and 11"DD coils for a 1266xb with 8 and 12"coils . Including the padded case. Would I be a fool to pass this up?

Along with the CZ the 1266 suffer little or no depth loss at high Disc. levels.

Taken from the 1266 manual and experimentation......"Engineered to go deep in mineralized soil at high levels
of discrimination".

Of course this is in my neck of the woods with my unit and of course your situation may differ rel mineralization and tuning of your unit...
Plain and simple tested my 1266 at high and low disc. settings and little or no difference....

Dan-Pa. said:
Along with the CZ the 1266 suffer little or no depth loss at high Disc. levels.

Taken from the 1266 manual and experimentation......"Engineered to go deep in mineralized soil at high levels
of discrimination".

Of course this is in my neck of the woods with my unit and of course your situation may differ rel mineralization and tuning of your unit...
Plain and simple tested my 1266 at high and low disc. settings and little or no difference....

Hi Dan,
Well, tomorrow I'm starting a kitchen sub-floor replacement (water leak did me in) and I'm hoping to get it done in a couple of days. After that I'll get mine back out and test it in my 8" coin garden, I've done this before with two different 1266's but its been a long time sense then.
But, I'm pretty sure to hit the 8" I have to have the disc set below 7???
One has to remember just how old the the writing is in that 1266 manual. My brother Ron had both a 1266 and a 1270 at the same time, he could run the 1270 at MAX disc and it didn't lose any measurable depth as compared to the 1266 at max disc.

But, after I get the floor done I'll do some testing and get back here with the results.

Mark

Mark what is the serial number of your 1266x? I am curious I found a older 1266x and want one that has twin boards in it like yours has. Thanks

88junior said:
Mark what is the serial number of your 1266x? I am curious I found a older 1266x and want one that has twin boards in it like yours has. Thanks

I answered an email yesterday from the "TD" forum asking the same question (was that you?) anyway its "11034"

Mark

Yep that was me man I never got a reply though.

88junior said:
I sent you a PM, but here it is Ser # 11034

Mark

Dan,

That machine is not good for trashy areas. What are you using it for? The snap, crackle pop will save you time. Deep iron will kill you though.
Arch

shooter said:
Ok Dan your 100% correctand I still have one in my garage used to use it on my Silver Sabre and 555-D so I'm going to clean the garage till I find it..
Do I smell a treasure hunt?